Posting to the Linux Mint blog

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
mhenriday
Level 4
Level 4

Posting to the Linux Mint blog

Post by mhenriday » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:10 pm

The announcement in the May number of the blog (posted on 2 June) of the impending release of Mint 18 inspired me to post a comment congratulating Clem and team. In accordance with my previous experience, however, my rather innocuous comment was not published. Does one have to do something special to be published on the site ? If one has been blocked for some reason or another, is it possible to confirm this and determine why that should be the case ?...

Henri

xenopeek
Level 24
Level 24

Re: Posting to the Linux Mint blog

Post by xenopeek » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:56 am

mhenriday wrote:Does one have to do something special to be published on the site ?
Exercise patience :) All comments are moderated by the development team and they are very busy with finishing touches on the beta release of Linux Mint 18.

mhenriday
Level 4
Level 4

Post by mhenriday » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:50 am

xenopeek wrote:
mhenriday wrote:Does one have to do something special to be published on the site ?
Exercise patience :) All comments are moderated by the development team and they are very busy with finishing touches on the beta release of Linux Mint 18.
Thanks, xenopeek, for your speedy reply ! Admittedly, the most important priority for the development team is getting Mint 18 out, so I'll try to be patient (not the easiest thing in the world for me :wink: ). Still as some 18 contributions have been published since I posted mine, it's perhaps understandable if I begin to wonder if I've been blocked. Would I receive a notice were that the case ?...

In any event, I'm greatly looking forward to Mint 18 and hope it will be released soon !... :D

Henri

amethyst_igor
Level 3
Level 3

Post by amethyst_igor » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:44 am

mhenriday wrote:The announcement in the May number of the blog (posted on 2 June) of the impending release of Mint 18 inspired me to post a comment congratulating Clem and team. In accordance with my previous experience, however, my rather innocuous comment was not published. Does one have to do something special to be published on the site ? If one has been blocked for some reason or another, is it possible to confirm this and determine why that should be the case ?...

Henri
I've had the same experience, innocuous comments not getting posted on the blog. Different moderators, different policies. Xenopeek & co. are pretty liberal and rational as moderators go, at least from what I've gathered in my time here. The blog, however, is a different story. I picture a dev gripping a cup of black coffee at 3 AM following an all-nighter fighting bugs. He's got 31 messages on his voice mail, the phone's ringing even now, dozens of text messages are streaming in, instant messages, emails, and the baby's crying in the background, the dog is howling due to not being fed, and the dev himself has not eaten much except for donuts and Irish whiskey. Probably some comments are deleted by accident, others as a sacrifice to the Goddess of Linux, and a couple just because.
I run both Windows 10 and Linux Mint 18 in dual boot with two SSDs and have other rigs running various versions of Linux. My blog.

mhenriday
Level 4
Level 4

Post by mhenriday » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:59 am

amethyst_igor wrote: I've had the same experience, innocuous comments not getting posted on the blog. Different moderators, different policies. Xenopeek & co. are pretty liberal and rational as moderators go, at least from what I've gathered in my time here. The blog, however, is a different story. I picture a dev gripping a cup of black coffee at 3 AM following an all-nighter fighting bugs. He's got 31 messages on his voice mail, the phone's ringing even now, dozens of text messages are streaming in, instant messages, emails, and the baby's crying in the background, the dog is howling due to not being fed, and the dev himself has not eaten much except for donuts and Irish whiskey. Probably some comments are deleted by accident, others as a sacrifice to the Goddess of Linux, and a couple just because.
Thanks for your reply, amethyst_igor ! Now that some 138 posts are shown on the thread, many of them posted much later than mine, I guess I'll simply have to accept the fact that I was weighed and found wanting....

That doesn't dampen my enthusiasm for Linux Mint, and I was especially pleased to note that
It will also be possible to upgrade from Linux Mint 17.3. Upgrade instructions will be published next month after the stable release of Linux Mint 18.
which will render upgrading easier for all Mint users....

Let us hope that the Goddess of Linux is satisfied with the sacrifices hitherto made in her honour ! :wink:

Henri

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”