Worth going 64bit for video editing (on an Atom!)

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Jedinovice
Level 5
Level 5

Worth going 64bit for video editing (on an Atom!)

Post by Jedinovice »

Yeah, yeah, I know… this has been done a 100 times but there's reason for my asking.

Quick Version: Is it worth going 64bit on a 1GB Atom n455 netbook for video editing.
["Are you mad?!!!!" :shock: ]
Will the improvement in media encoding in 64 but outweigh any RAM hit? I plan on using Mint - possibly KDE which ran OK before.. but I can't try Mint 18 yet. Video editing and video playback is about the only thing I need speed for,

Long version follows:

I am restoring my olde atom n455 netbook with 1GB of RAM. This is as minimal as it gets! For various reasons, this will actually be a main use machine. It's taking a long time to restore as I am going from this:
cage.jpg
To this, as it were…
refit.jpg
Right, this machine will be video editing!! Using Kdenlive. Yes, know. Craaaaazzzzzy! But I have my reasons which I will explain one day… Bear in mind I created my own version of the full length movie "Metropolis" on a Pentium 133 with the Rainbow Runner editing system, circa 1999. So a atom processor is lightening speed to me!

Here's the thing… I am on a strict budget and not sure I can even find single channel laptop DDR3 RAM for the thing. So, if I go 64bit, especially if I run KDE (something else I don't know until the machine is restored) RAM could be an issue. Having said that, the machine was always fine with KDE 4 32bit. Ran quite happily actually - once optimized.

But if I go 64bit I understand video encoding and decoding will be improved and… I could really do with that! Media encoding is dependent on processor above all else (s why will I being use a single core for the job…??!! I know!) so going 64 bit should benefit me. But I know there is an application RAM hit.

So, I don't have the means to test I'll ask here…

Is going 64bit going to improve media encoding especially video playback and editing enough to justify the RAM cost?

Is the RAM cost enough to worry about? :?

I don't mind slow, exactly. But I can't handle unusable. Comments? Anyone with experience?

The laptop at the moment is currently looking like this…
build.jpg
So I'm kinda asking questions while I wait out the restoration process. Oh, and waiting for the new Warp Engines to clear customs.

Thanks in advance. Help me kill the time here! :D
Mint Linux 18.0 64 bit KDE edition.
Video editing (AMV's mainly) on a dual core n2840 atom!
Results here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5Dw91 ... yVKS7X1Rlg
LOOK HERE FOR MY DEMO OF MINT LINUX KDE - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8hDYiGprWs
Pjotr
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Worth going 64bit for video editing (on an Atom!)

Post by Pjotr »

Well, it *does* sound a bit crazy, indeed.... :lol:

If I were you, I would try it out with lightweight champion Lubuntu 16.04.1, as LXDE is even lighter than Xfce. First install 32-bit, and then 64-bit. Then compare performance.

I'm sure you'll be "senang" with Lubuntu, tuan! :mrgreen:
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 20 Ulyana
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.
Jedinovice
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Jedinovice »

Pjotr wrote:Well, it *does* sound a bit crazy, indeed.... :lol:

If I were you, I would try it out with lightweight champion Lubuntu 16.04.1, as LXDE is even lighter than Xfce. First install 32-bit, and then 64-bit. Then compare performance.

I'm sure you'll be "senang" with Lubuntu, tuan! :mrgreen:
Er, thanks. Not going to happen. :D
LXDE does not do what I want/need. I prefer power to speed. :mrgreen:
I live and die by my KDE keyboard shorcuts!

So... Tidak senang on that one. :)
More.. Gila!

And even then.. is it 32 bit LXDE or 64bit?
LOOK HERE FOR MY DEMO OF MINT LINUX KDE - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8hDYiGprWs
Jedinovice
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Jedinovice »

Yay! Problem solved.

Made it to the high tech mall. Got new keyboard, improved speakers and single channel DR3 laptop RAM! 1GB - I can max out at 2GB in the old machine.
[I had been informed by a usually reliable source that you couldn't get it anymore, hence my confusion.]

That means KDE 64bit is a goer!!

I was also able to get MKII Plasma converters so I can polarize the hull plating and fit the phase cannons.
Phew.
Doruletz
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Doruletz »

Let me try to understand this...
YOU WANNA DO VIDEO EDITING WITH AN INTEL ATOM CPU????
That's like running in the Daytona 500 with a TATA NANO or GEO METRO...
No offense.
What do I think about Window$??? Just take a look at my AVATAR...
Jedinovice
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Jedinovice »

Doruletz wrote:Let me try to understand this...
No offense.
Yes!

That's why they call me "crrrraaazzzzyyyyyy!"
crazy.JPG
Actually, they used to call me 'crazy.' Now they just call me 'dangerous.'

But... it can be done. This AMV of mine was pieced together on a 1GHz AMD c50 which clocked in slower than the single core n455 for video editing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ-VoWrLGac

And there is a (crazy) reason for this.

For a start, this will be an Atom n455 fitted with polarizable hull plating and phase cannons..
Hang on. Time for my medication..
Hoser Rob
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Hoser Rob »

Jedinovice wrote:... LXDE does not do what I want/need. I prefer power to speed. :mrgreen: ....
Now THAT's crazy ... in fact it makes absolutely no sense.

Nor does doing video editing on a single core netbook with a crappy video card. Doing video editing on a machine that likely wouldn't play HD video very well is ... well, you're going to spend a lot more time rendering video than watching it.

Using KDE instead of a lighter DE is also nuts. You can speed up KDE quite a bit but not that much.

And dangerous??? ... in your dreams.
Jedinovice
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Jedinovice »

Hoser Rob wrote:

Nor does doing video editing on a single core netbook with a crappy video card. Doing video editing on a machine that likely wouldn't play HD video very well is ... well, you're going to spend a lot more time rendering video than watching it.

Using KDE instead of a lighter DE is also nuts. You can speed up KDE quite a bit but not that much.

Whoa, whoa! Lighten up mate!!

I was using humor. The anime pictures I thought would have given a clue. Gads, I have enough trouble with local Indonesians taking me literally – though they learn fast with me.

Re: Dangerous… it was humor! Good grief. I meant dangerous not as cool but as 'crazy to the point of dangerous.' It was a joke… Self depreciation! Aiaiaiaiaiai!

Anyway, I can justify my craziness to a degree:

1.) It’s my laptop. I don’t need to justify what I do with it anyway. So there!
bleeah.jpg
2.) KDE will run fine on an atom! You turn off desktop effects and KDE runs great. It’s been optimised to death! Well, Plasma 4 has been. I still need to check Plasma 5… But also….

a) KDE matches my workflow which is more important than raw speed.
b) I live and die by keyboard shortcuts/hotkeys the support of which in KDE is unsurpassed. This saves me more time than any amount of processing speed for the UI. I can run rings around other UI's by just starting up apps and multitasking without lots of mouse movement and start menus and the like. LXDE allows for this but it's painful to set up, maintain and lacks KDE's raw power in this regard. (Plan to look at Cinnamon more closely when machine is restored, mind.)
c) Despite using minimal power processors, I am a content producer and that requires a UI geared towards productivity which KDE is. Unity is an example of the converse. My wife has used this little netbook running KDE, yea, in I GB… and raved about how fast it was! And it would run rings around much faster processor Windows boxes! I have been using KDE for four years now on absolutely minimal hardware and it's been great! Only the 1GHz c50 was stuttering running the thing. That was a bit too slow. But the n455 has always run KDE just dandy. Now with 2GB it will be sweet! Depending, of course, no how Plasma 5 runs in Mint 18, mind.

3.) I seriously don't have the money for anything more powerful than an atom. Even my 'high spec' laptops are just more modern atoms branded 'Celerons.' An i3 would be luxury. We don't have the cash and have to make do and mend.

4.) I am not a professional video editor. I do it for fun - and the occasional educational clip for use in class. I move from school to school, classroom to classroom and have to supply my own tech. So battery life and portability outrank processing power. You can have speed, long battery life or portability in a laptop… but not all three. One must go. It is clear which in my case.
Of course, if I was doing real pro video editing I would need a much more powerful machine. But that would probably be a desktop and I would not be on the move like I am now.

5.) As I say, I am not a pro video editor. I don't need to render to HD and couldn't get sources in HD here in Indonesia if I tried! So I only render to NTSC widescreen DVD res anyway and only for short videos; AMVs in the main. Then there are lots of tricks and tips. Using low res proxy clips in Kdenlive allows for fast processing of preview and then rendering the video in low res before I am happy with the cut and then rendering in full res for the final cut. Besides, given my workload, I can set off a render, run a class, get back to cut, alter it and then render again in my next class. I am plenty busy!

6.) Computing is full of people doing ‘pointless things’ on their machines! It's a tradition!

Putting a Full Graphical User OS on a 1MHz 6510 based Commodore 64
3D rendering on a 1MHz C64
Running Linux on an 8 bit microcontroller. Yes, it has been done.
Building a 6502 in raw transistors
Hey! The first 8 bit microprocessors were intended to be used as controllers. But Gary Kindall claimed that the Intel 8080 could be used as a full blown personal computer and produced CP/M to prove the point! It was regarded as a waste of time at the time…

7.) As I have stated… the laptop is being restored and it won’t quite be the same when the work has finished. The robots are mounting the Lithium containment units as I type. So wait for the final product before casting judgment. There is a reason for taking time out on this old box. If I was being purely rational I would have bought a cheap used MSI for parts and just swapped parts but I am going a bit further this once. Joking aside the restored machine will actually be a prototype of… something. And that something requires a low spec, low heat chip.

It should make Warp 3…
intrepid.jpg
8.) I use personality typology in my teaching. It's rather helpful.

It is my belief that IT attracts a LOT of INTP's - especially developers. INTP's are logical thinkers and they don't have time for sentimentality or decisions that not based on logical reasoning. They also place a high value on efficiency. I notice that a lot of Linux users online echo those traits and I notice place a nigh value on speed. I note many Linux users on this forum in their machine descriptions will be running top end i7 boxes with Xfce.

[Linux Torvalds is an INTP. And, as he said regarding dropping 386 code support from the kernel, "I'm not sentimental. Drop it."]

INTP's also tend to get highly irritated by people behaving apparently irrationally!

I, however, am an INFP. So I'm weird by definition. I can honestly say that INFP's are the least understood type of personality for a mass of reasons not helped b their general werdness. And we are terribly emotional, sentimental, value supporting the underdog and doing things differently to everyone else.
Different value system. Different trigger for the 'feel good factor.'

To see INFP's in action - lookee here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhNoEL38xds

So, being the kind of person I am, I'll make a single core Atom do video rendering and do practical day to day work - way beyond surfing the net and typing a couple of letters (hang it, this little machine has delivered the goods so many times under white heat work rates, it's been unreal!) - just to spite those say I can't/shouldn't.

So there.

Anyway, as I say, the machine is being renovated and… will not the same when the work is complete. We're about 55% through I figure, though it's hard to gauge as this hasn't been done before. Getting the extra RAM solves one headache.

Now, chill man. Yeah, video rendering on a mark 1.1 single core atom makes no logical sense. But it makes sense in other ways - which will become clear in time.

Just do what everyone else does. Nod, smile and back away cautiously.
Hoser Rob
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Hoser Rob »

Jedinovice wrote:
Hoser Rob wrote:

Whoa, whoa! Lighten up mate!!

I was using humor. The anime pictures I thought would have given a clue. Gads, I have enough trouble with local Indonesians taking me literally – though they learn fast with me.

Re: Dangerous… it was humor! Good grief. I meant dangerous not as cool but as 'crazy to the point of dangerous.' It was a joke… Self depreciation! Aiaiaiaiaiai!

Anyway, I can justify my craziness to a degree:

1.) It’s my laptop. I don’t need to justify what I do with it anyway. So there!

bleeah.jpg

2.) KDE will run fine on an atom! You turn off desktop effects and KDE runs great. It’s been optimised to death! Well, Plasma 4 has been. I still need to check Plasma 5… But also….

a) KDE matches my workflow which is more important than raw speed.
b) I live and die by keyboard shortcuts/hotkeys the support of which in KDE is unsurpassed. This saves me more time than any amount of processing speed for the UI. I can run rings around other UI's by just starting up apps and multitasking without lots of mouse movement and start menus and the like. LXDE allows for this but it's painful to set up, maintain and lacks KDE's raw power in this regard. (Plan to look at Cinnamon more closely when machine is restored, mind.)
c) Despite using minimal power processors, I am a content producer and that requires a UI geared towards productivity which KDE is. Unity is an example of the converse. My wife has used this little netbook running KDE, yea, in I GB… and raved about how fast it was! And it would run rings around much faster processor Windows boxes! I have been using KDE for four years now on absolutely minimal hardware and it's been great! Only the 1GHz c50 was stuttering running the thing. That was a bit too slow. But the n455 has always run KDE just dandy. Now with 2GB it will be sweet! Depending, of course, no how Plasma 5 runs in Mint 18, mind.

3.) I seriously don't have the money for anything more powerful than an atom. Even my 'high spec' laptops are just more modern atoms branded 'Celerons.' An i3 would be luxury. We don't have the cash and have to make do and mend.

4.) I am not a professional video editor. I do it for fun - and the occasional educational clip for use in class. I move from school to school, classroom to classroom and have to supply my own tech. So battery life and portability outrank processing power. You can have speed, long battery life or portability in a laptop… but not all three. One must go. It is clear which in my case.
Of course, if I was doing real pro video editing I would need a much more powerful machine. But that would probably be a desktop and I would not be on the move like I am now.

5.) As I say, I am not a pro video editor. I don't need to render to HD and couldn't get sources in HD here in Indonesia if I tried! So I only render to NTSC widescreen DVD res anyway and only for short videos; AMVs in the main. Then there are lots of tricks and tips. Using low res proxy clips in Kdenlive allows for fast processing of preview and then rendering the video in low res before I am happy with the cut and then rendering in full res for the final cut. Besides, given my workload, I can set off a render, run a class, get back to cut, alter it and then render again in my next class. I am plenty busy!

6.) Computing is full of people doing ‘pointless things’ on their machines! It's a tradition!

Putting a Full Graphical User OS on a 1MHz 6510 based Commodore 64
3D rendering on a 1MHz C64
Running Linux on an 8 bit microcontroller. Yes, it has been done.
Building a 6502 in raw transistors
Hey! The first 8 bit microprocessors were intended to be used as controllers. But Gary Kindall claimed that the Intel 8080 could be used as a full blown personal computer and produced CP/M to prove the point! It was regarded as a waste of time at the time…

7.) As I have stated… the laptop is being restored and it won’t quite be the same when the work has finished. The robots are mounting the Lithium containment units as I type. So wait for the final product before casting judgment. There is a reason for taking time out on this old box. If I was being purely rational I would have bought a cheap used MSI for parts and just swapped parts but I am going a bit further this once. Joking aside the restored machine will actually be a prototype of… something. And that something requires a low spec, low heat chip.

It should make Warp 3…
intrepid.jpg
8.) I use personality typology in my teaching. It's rather helpful.

It is my belief that IT attracts a LOT of INTP's - especially developers. INTP's are logical thinkers and they don't have time for sentimentality or decisions that not based on logical reasoning. They also place a high value on efficiency. I notice that a lot of Linux users online echo those traits and I notice place a nigh value on speed. I note many Linux users on this forum in their machine descriptions will be running top end i7 boxes with Xfce.

[Linux Torvalds is an INTP. And, as he said regarding dropping 386 code support from the kernel, "I'm not sentimental. Drop it."]

INTP's also tend to get highly irritated by people behaving apparently irrationally!

I, however, am an INFP. So I'm weird by definition. I can honestly say that INFP's are the least understood type of personality for a mass of reasons not helped b their general werdness. And we are terribly emotional, sentimental, value supporting the underdog and doing things differently to everyone else.
Different value system. Different trigger for the 'feel good factor.'

To see INFP's in action - lookee here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhNoEL38xds

So, being the kind of person I am, I'll make a single core Atom do video rendering and do practical day to day work - way beyond surfing the net and typing a couple of letters (hang it, this little machine has delivered the goods so many times under white heat work rates, it's been unreal!) - just to spite those say I can't/shouldn't.

So there.

Anyway, as I say, the machine is being renovated and… will not the same when the work is complete. We're about 55% through I figure, though it's hard to gauge as this hasn't been done before. Getting the extra RAM solves one headache.

Now, chill man. Yeah, video rendering on a mark 1.1 single core atom makes no logical sense. But it makes sense in other ways - which will become clear in time.

Just do what everyone else does. Nod, smile and back away cautiously.
I've never seen so much narcissistic idiotic dribble in my frakking life. I'll get back to you when you're rulng the world ...
Jedinovice
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Jedinovice »

Hoser Rob wrote:I've never seen so much narcissistic idiotic dribble in my frakking life. I'll get back to you when you're rulng the world ...
confused.jpg
Don't narcissists normally demand the best? And I don't think I mentioned anything about ruling the world or even desire for power. I mean, if I wanted power, why would I be restoring an atom n455 netbook? I did mention Warp engines mind...

Somebody really needs to increase their irony intake.

Anyway, I have what I need, prototyping continues and...
...This is Linux! Freedom. Freedom to be stupid if I so want!
thom_A
Level 4
Level 4

Post by thom_A »

Video editing is resource intensive. It's like rendering 3d images using 3d apps. Blender3d users, for example, spend money on multi-core systems to speed up their rendering times. Blender, btw, got a decent video editor and it's probably better than the other ones available, but it's slow even in modern equipments.
deleted

Post by deleted »

I run 64 bit KDE (17.3 and now 18 beta) just fine on an Asus 1015E. It is a dual core Celeron, tho. And it has 2 GB of Ram.
-H
Edit: it even idles under a gig.
Jedinovice
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Jedinovice »

Everyone, just wait!

The machine will do what I want on a single core atom n455, I swear!
Furthermore, the netbook is being transformed. Super special secret things. You will see why I am doing what I am doing soon. I guess between 2 to 4 weeks to go depending on work and fault finding when we shake her down.
BG405
Level 8
Level 8

Post by BG405 »

These single-core Atom netbooks are quite capable, even compared to the desktop machines I was running through most of the last decade. Low power consumption (= decent battery life) and small, lightweight form which is why I use them.

I can have a couple of netbooks in my bag without breaking my back so I can use one for demonstration purposes and the other (the Acer of course) for getting my stuff done on. I'm currently helping a mate who is greener than him ➜ :mrgreen: and really is learning some of the basics with computers (proves you're never too old to learn). KDE and Cinnamon are pretty responsive on the single-core 1GB machines.

For intensive tasks like video editing, there's no harm leaving them rendering overnight as you know the battery will hold up even if there's a power outage.

I would install both 32-bit and 64-bit KDE for a side-by-side comparison of rendering performance. Not sure if there'll be an overall advantage or whether it'll be a trade-off between video and an extra memory hit when using other applications (Firefox etc.).
Dell Inspiron 1525 - LM17.3 CE 64-------------------Lenovo T440 8GB - Manjaro KDE with Mint VMs
Toshiba NB250 - Manjaro KDE------------------------K7S5A AMD 1.2GHz - LM17.3 Xfce 32 & WinXP-Pro
Acer Aspire E11 ES1-111M - LM18.2 KDE 64 ----Two ROMS don't make a WRITE ...
Doruletz
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Doruletz »

Jedinovice wrote:
Doruletz wrote:Let me try to understand this...
No offense.
Yes!

That's why they call me "crrrraaazzzzyyyyyy!"
crazy.JPG

Actually, they used to call me 'crazy.' Now they just call me 'dangerous.'

But... it can be done. This AMV of mine was pieced together on a 1GHz AMD c50 which clocked in slower than the single core n455 for video editing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ-VoWrLGac

And there is a (crazy) reason for this.

For a start, this will be an Atom n455 fitted with polarizable hull plating and phase cannons..
Hang on. Time for my medication..
I appreciate your enthusiasm. I never said it can't be done, or that it wouldn't work...
It would just be extremely slow, very unreliable, and would also put lots of strain on an already overtaxed CPU, or in the case of the Intel Atom, a half of a CPU...
Just like you said, it's crazy.
Intel Atom and the low end so called AMD APUs (Processor and GPU all in one) were designed with power saving in mind, not performance, in order to prolong battery life in NETBOOKS and very low end NOTEBOOKS, as well as to be able to function inside the overcrowded so called Media Center mini-PCs.
They were meant to handle simple tasks, such as browsing the web, email, Facebook, some note taking and word processing (Office stuff) and maybe watching Youtube videos and the occasional movie/video, even in HD. Anything beyond that is indeed crazy.
Video processing and encoding, as well as gaming are the 2 most demanding tasks for a computer. They both require lots of processing power (CPU power) as well as a good GPU (Graphics card), and when I say card I mean a dedicated card, not internal graphics from inside the CPU.
The problem here is the portability / power saving vs the performance, which in turn requires lots of computing power and also generates enormous amounts of heat, which all low end CPUs and APUs are ill equipped to handle.
A CPU used at the very upper end of its thermal spectrum (at continuously high temperatures) will become much slower and also die much faster than one with a better cooling solution, which allows it to stay in the middle or low end temperatures most of the time.
EXAMPLE:
My Intel® Core™ i7-4790K has a Tcase temperature of 74°C. Tcase temperature is the maximum temperature allowed at the processor Integrated Heat Spreader (IHS). I have liquid (water) CPU cooling in my gaming PC, and my CPU always stays at 28-32°C when idle or performing light tasks, and never goes over 58-60°C, even under maximum load, while gaming or processing video. And we're talking about a very high end CPU here, almost top of the line, not an entry level, very low end half-CPU like the Intel Atom or AMD c50...

So, there you have it, my 2 cents worth of advice...
Try it if you want, but don't expect results.
Good luck to you

*******************************************************************************************************************
EDIT:

Forgot to mention, my Intel® Core™ i7-4790K is paired up with an EVGA Superclocked nVidia GTX 960 GPU (Graphics Card), with 2GB of dedicated graphics memory, GDDR5, which takes a good part of the work load away from the processor in any high demanding graphics task, such as video processing/encoding and rendering graphics while gaming.
*******************************************************************************************************************
Jedinovice
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Jedinovice »

Hi Doruletz.

Thank you for your input and I do understand.

But be assured of the following:

1) I am aware of all that you say.
2) I have already done video editing on this box! Thanks to Linux it can be done!
3) Regarding heating, I am taking steps on this.
4) Most of my work is not doing video editing and not pushing the processor. I am a hobbiest, not a pro-editor.
5) As I say this machine is not a prototype of something else so....

....all will become clear.

Yes, I am crazy but I do know what I am doing and what to expect. Honest! :mrgreen:

Now I have 2GB of RAM, 64 bits is no longer an issue.
Jedinovice
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Jedinovice »

Jedinovice wrote:Hi Doruletz.

Thank you for your input and I do understand.

But be assured of the following:

1) I am aware of all that you say.
2) I have already done video editing on this box! Thanks to Linux it can be done!
3) Regarding heating, I am taking steps on this.
4) Most of my work is not doing video editing and not pushing the processor. I am a hobbiest, not a pro-editor.
5) As I say this machine is not a prototype of something else so....

....all will become clear.

Yes, I am crazy but I do know what I am doing and what to expect. Honest! :mrgreen:

Now I have 2GB of RAM, 64 bits is no longer an issue.
Jedinovice
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Jedinovice »

Oh yeah.. and, there is absolutely no hope in hell of my ever being able to afford any kind of i7 processor and I can't risk such an expensive machine as a laptop anyway. As I say to my students,

"What happens when I buy an i7 laptop at $1,200 dollars... and I drop it...?"
Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Fred Barclay »

Jedinovice wrote:"What happens when I buy an i7 laptop at $1,200 dollars... and I drop it...?"
Well, at that point you would solder it all back together with that 30lb lump hammer... :P
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."
- Albert Einstein
samriggs
Level 6
Level 6

Post by samriggs »

Fred Barclay wrote:
Jedinovice wrote:"What happens when I buy an i7 laptop at $1,200 dollars... and I drop it...?"
Well, at that point you would solder it all back together with that 30lb lump hammer... :P
Or mail me the parts, I'll fix it up and have a cheaper i7 laptop :lol:
"Windows: the worst system for the most money, Linux: the best system for free"
Registered Linux User #545430
Manjaro XFCE / Mint Cinnamon
asus X751LX and an acer and a toshiba and another asus

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”