I've been a "is the the grass greener over there" sort of computer user forever now.
- I remember my very first install of Windows 95, I got myself into trouble tweaking its interface right away.
- Then years later, I got fed up with Windows and played with the BeOS (anyone remember that little jewel?!) but that software didn't last.
- Then I switched hard to OS X and burned through a PowerMac, a Mac Mini, an iMac.
- Finally got tired of those price points and came back to the land of Windows (although I've been in the professional world with Windows the whole time) and landed on Windows 8. Pure, utter abomination. I wanted to like it. I was impressed at first with MS' attempting something new.
- Quickly upgraded to Win10. Aaaaand, I'd grown to loathe it perhaps even more. I hated the multiple personality disorder going on in their UI choices. My god, the insanity of it. And I was shocked at how terribly slow my laptop had become. It took (I kid you not) 4-6 minutes from a cold boot before that machine was truly usable.
WOW, was I glad I did. It just worked, as the Mac folks like to say. It resurrected my dead EFI partition like a champ. It's unbelievably fast. Boot times are less than 1 minute. Waking from sleep/hibernation are less than 2 blinks. It's. just. gorgeous. Which is quite a compliment from an old Mac guy like me.
And I love that it allows tons of UI customizations. I think I'm finally home!