I'm with Fred

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ImNotGivingUp

I'm with Fred

Post by ImNotGivingUp »

Thanks to all who have us assisted here, but contrary to my nick, I'm giving up.

Okay, okay...I'm not giving up on LinuxMint, in fact, I'm on it now on a different machine, but I AM giving up on trying to run it on the optiplex 750.
SO many errors and problems with linux, but it ran windblows just fine. Thanks to Jeremy for helping me through the wireless problem, but it still drops connections, slow speeds, repeat requests for passwords, etc. Also, the games for the kids were screwy. Frogatto, which plays just fine here would launch, then the frog would run to the left and stay there. This of course made it difficult to do anything, The alligator game Alex also did the same thing. They play their games on this machine just fine, though I had hoped to load up the $30.00 machine for them. I wonder if it's a graphics card problem or maybe a bad circuit on a board? 3G processor and 4G ram should play everything pretty well, yes? Anyone wants to chime in or just say hey, feel free!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Re: I'm with Fred

Post by Hoser Rob »

The reason you've had so many problems with Linux is that you've never once generated useful info and when people suggested you do so all you did was princess about having to do so much typing.

It's YOUR fault.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
ImNotGivingUp

Post by ImNotGivingUp »

So many problems? I've had very few actually, and thanks to the info I posted, Jeremy was able to point me in the right direction, so I don't understand your animosity toward me. I'm ON mint now and more than satisfied, sooooo......
ImNotGivingUp

Post by ImNotGivingUp »

btw, if anyone cares to look back at my posts, I made a JOKE that I haven't typed this much since DOS.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Hoser Rob, put a sock in it, there is no reason to be so rude.
I do agree that it would have been a good idea to give the suggested info, and it might very well have led to solutions, and it helps people to help. But we can say that and be nicer about it.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Fred Barclay »

I admit your subject line made me do a double-take. I'm still scratching my head and wondering just who we're talking about - I've always been with Fred. :D But anyways...
It's a shame about that Optiplex, but great to hear you're sticking with Mint!
Last edited by Fred Barclay on Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."
- Albert Einstein
Pjotr
Level 23
Level 23

Post by Pjotr »

I'm with Fred as well. :mrgreen:
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 750 days now.
Lifeline
Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Fred Barclay »

karlchen wrote:Image
Outrage! How did you get my photo? :shock:
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."
- Albert Einstein
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

Fred Barclay wrote:Outrage! How did you get my photo? :shock:
Google is my accomplice. :wink:
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 750 days now.
Lifeline
ImNotGivingUp

Post by ImNotGivingUp »

Sorry for any confusion! I was simply agreeing with Fred's post a couple before mine, and Thanking all of you that were so helpful.
...and hey, I'm perfectly okay if anyone wants to chuckle at my newbieness or nuttiness.

Still curious why that darn 750 won't co-operate with mint.... weird bugs there. But this and my other are both doing fine, go figure.
ImNotGivingUp

Post by ImNotGivingUp »

and just for a laugh....
Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Fred Barclay »

Looks like my house! We've got three pups so things seem to "explode" on a regular basis. :mrgreen:
- Albert Einstein
ImNotGivingUp

Post by ImNotGivingUp »

Mornin' Fred. Sorry if I hijacked your title. I can change it if you wish. I'm just happy I'm able to use mint now.
Some of us are cursed with mental "disorders" that cause us to think "differently". Unfortunately, sometimes people pre-judge us upon a simple sentence or our looks, or.....whatever. PooPoo happens.

I'm still grateful to the helpful members here. :D
Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Fred Barclay »

ImNotGivingUp wrote:Mornin' Fred. Sorry if I hijacked your title. I can change it if you wish. I'm just happy I'm able to use mint now.
Oh no - keep it! I just thought it was funny. :lol:
Good morning to you too!
- Albert Einstein

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”