Linux mint

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dawuddustin

Linux mint

Post by dawuddustin »

What do you think is a special feature of Linux Mint? Why do you use it?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MintBean

Re: Linux mint

Post by MintBean »

Robust, stable, best Cinnamon integration.
BenTrabetere
Level 7
Level 7

Post by BenTrabetere »

Update Manager is the feature I miss the most when I use another distribution. I use it whenever updates are available.
Patreon sponsor since August 2022
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

It's easy to use. Even for newcomers. And it's pretty complete right out of the box.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

Updates are fast. (Windows 10 updates are so slow.)
No malware. (Our desktop got infected and malware encrypted a majority of user files.)
Easy to use.
Jim Hauser

Post by Jim Hauser »

It works!

The software (KDE) works very well on my system. The support from this forum is second to none. I have done a lot of bare-metal distro hopping and nothing compares to Mint. I have run Mint on various machines from a single core Athlon 64 with a couple gigabytes of ram on up to an FX-8350 (8 core) with 16 gigabytes of ram without issue.

Easy to install, easy to configure, easy to use...
Last edited by Jim Hauser on Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
sphyrth

Post by sphyrth »

Lightweight Power
Lightweightedness for the system. Powerful as a system.
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Post by all41 »

Hi dawuddustin,
First things first: Welcome to Mint and the forums.
In reply to your inquiry in one word--versatility.
And how good does freedom feel?
Enjoy your Mint
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
BG405
Level 8
Level 8

Post by BG405 »

Fast, VERY stable, secure and it's so easy to use. Good choice of desktops even without the prospect of LM19.x KDE ready-made ISO; when the time comes it can be installed if you want.

The best community forum I know of today.

BTW: Welcome to Mint & the Mint Forums! :D
Dell Inspiron 1525 - LM17.3 CE 64-------------------Lenovo T440 - Manjaro KDE with Mint VMs
Toshiba NB250 - Manjaro KDE------------------------Acer Aspire One D255E - LM21.3 Xfce
Acer Aspire E11 ES1-111M - LM18.2 KDE 64 ----Two ROMS don't make a WRITE
WharfRat

Post by WharfRat »

I used to run hardcore distros like Sabayon, Gentoo and Funtoo,

While all good distros they were difficult to maintain as they needed constant attention and configuring.

Mint installs and configures itself in about 10 minutes and launches right out-of-the-box - no need for manual intervention.

It's also well maintained and supported, and an easy transition for new users to the Linux world.
151tom
Level 4
Level 4

Post by 151tom »

Last edited by 151tom on Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last year we said, 'Things can't go on like this', and they didn't, they got worse.
[Will Rogers]

There are two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither works.
[Will Rogers]
Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Fred Barclay »

It has the best forum in the world! xf
It's rather stable, it "just works" (usually :P), and our devs take a conservative approach instead of chasing every new trend.
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."
- Albert Einstein
g33zr

Post by g33zr »

I agree with all of the above. There's no distro like Mint and the forums are friendly and a good source of information. :D
SwanRider

Post by SwanRider »

Been using Mint for nearly 3 months now and there is not one thing I like about it above all others. To be honest for me it is a complete operating system that comes with the things I want and if I want extras I can add them. It doesn't stop me from working nor nag me about things and the updates, back up etc are all simple to do. I installed it on my wife's lap top and she loves it as well. So my honest answer would be, everything.
bob466
Level 6
Level 6

Post by bob466 »

It's easy to install...easy to use and runs like a Swiss clock. :D

The first thing you notice when you install Mint...It's so much faster than Windows and the Update Manager is also very fast...Updates are actually for the System and not full of Spyware/Malware like Windows.

You don't need to be an expert to run Mint or know heaps of code either...if you get into trouble...we have this great Forum...as I have found. I switched from Cinnamon 18 to 18.2 some time ago and found just a few changes...which is great...changes are good and necessary but no one likes massive changes that make the OS unrecognizable and the OS unstable...isn't that right Windows spyware 10 users. :lol:
Linux For Ever...Windows Never. Image
The Freedom To Choose Your Own Avatar Without Victimisation.
Tomgin5
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Tomgin5 »

Right on Bob! converted to LM Cinnamon almost 2 years ago now. How time flies. Started with LM 17.3 and am at 18.3 now. converted over 100 PC's to LM Cinnamon 32 and 64. Everything runs pretty flawlessly. I even converted a couple of Aussies to Mint. Many had computers that were not functional. Now they are daily users, ages 6 to 85. I have even built about 75 laptops from non functioning scrap laptops by changing parts around to function and loading LM Cinnamon at a local non profit.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”