To start a mint local community, Do I have to be an expert?

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Cicero86
Level 2
Level 2

To start a mint local community, Do I have to be an expert?

Postby Cicero86 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:39 pm

Hi,

I'm from Egypt and I've been using* (lightly) linux distros for 12 years now (intermittently). I like Mint and its spirit.

Can I start an "official" Local Community for Egypt?

I'm not an engineer or a programmer. But I know some of the basics of using/installing Mint and the concepts of open-source software in general.

I noticed there isn't any Egyptian or Arabic-speaking communities. But I know for a fact that there's Arab following for Mint.

So, How can we start something here? :)

*by using I mean I installed & used (ranging from a few hours to several months) different distros like: Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Lubuntu, Debian, Mint, Fedora, DSL, Ghost BSD, PC-BSD (I know these are not linux), Kali, Tails, elementary, Open SUSE, Ubuntu MATE, PC Linux, and Whonix.
Please note that English isn't my first language. :)
Pleased to meet you

Will be on Mint 18.2 MATE 64bit soon

xenopeek
Level 24
Level 24

Re: To start a mint local community, Do I have to be an expert?

Postby xenopeek » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:51 pm

You can take inspiration from other local communities: https://linuxmint.com/links.php. You'll find blogs, forums, mailinglists and IRC channels and more. Some have just a forum, others have gone all out. Just start with something you feel comfortable with and take it from there. If there is some active interest (not just you :wink:) we can also host a forum for your language here in the Other Languages forums.

Cicero86
Level 2
Level 2

Re: To start a mint local community, Do I have to be an expert?

Postby Cicero86 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:01 pm

xenopeek wrote:You can take inspiration from other local communities: https://linuxmint.com/links.php. You'll find blogs, forums, mailinglists and IRC channels and more. Some have just a forum, others have gone all out. Just start with something you feel comfortable with and take it from there. If there is some active interest (not just you :wink:) we can also host a forum for your language here in the Other Languages forums.

Thanks a lot :)
Please note that English isn't my first language. :)
Pleased to meet you

Will be on Mint 18.2 MATE 64bit soon

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”