Promoting Mint

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ozo

Promoting Mint

Post by Ozo »

The number of Mint users in the small mobile home park for seniors where I live in Florida just doubled. I was trying to downsize to gain space in my little travel trailer (35') so assembled a desktop computer complete with monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers, and of course it has a Mint 18.3 operating system. After installing a custom nature scene slideshow on the desktop, I presented it to a couple in my park I felt could use it no strings attached. I also offered advise and help with it for free if they needed it.

The very next day the woman presented me with an unexpected hug and told me she had already acquired service and it was "Beautiful". That turned out well and so far I have not received any threats from the other neighbors.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Promoting Mint

Post by deepakdeshp »

That's a way to say thank you to Mint.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

I also promote Linux in general, and Mint in particular, at every opportunity. Slowly but surely, my friends and family are changing over to Mint. I gave a talk on Linux at the local Senior Center computer club, and they asked me to put Linux on the club's computer (dual boot), and I'm sure I will wind up putting Linux on the computers of several of the members.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
151tom
Level 4
Level 4

Post by 151tom »

Last edited by 151tom on Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last year we said, 'Things can't go on like this', and they didn't, they got worse.
[Will Rogers]

There are two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither works.
[Will Rogers]
Ozo

Post by Ozo »

I chose Mint 18.3 to gift my neighbor as I am the one to respond to issues. Since I am most familiar with the os I am currently using then it makes sense for them to have the same one. My neighbor said there are no issues so far but I do plan to go over it with them and offer any tips to improve there experience. I am first going to show them how to play dvd's on VLC as they said they sometimes rent them. Also I will show them where to get video for free starting with Youtube.

Since 18.3 is extremely user friendly and does not require any knowledge of Linux, it is perfect for newbies. I told them to ignore all updates which I will take care of later.

I have one more spare desktop computer but it has Windows 10 on it which I paid $100 for. I could re-lode the os fresh and sell it with the validated copy of Windows but would just be promoting those bozo's. :idea: I am going with a Mint os for that computer too. She is a beauty with a red (kinda pinkish) anodized Lian Li case. It has bright red led's inside which can be seen through the front grill.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”