[SOLVED] Brightness Applet Works Poorly on Sylvia 18.3

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ozo

[SOLVED] Brightness Applet Works Poorly on Sylvia 18.3

Post by Ozo »

I was very pleased to see the Brightness and gamma applet. I have never been able to control the brightness well even with the tv remote settings till now. :D

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Lucap
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Brightness Applet Works Great

Post by Lucap »

Where do you find the applet?
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

Right click on the panel, then click Add applets to the panel. If you don't see the applet you are looking for, click Download. Lots of good applets there to choose from.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
Lucap
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Lucap »

My bad , i thought it might have been a new feature of 18.3.......

Thanks
Ozo

Post by Ozo »

Lucap wrote:My bad , i thought it might have been a new feature of 18.3.......

Thanks
Is it not a new feature? I do not remember it in 18.2 Cinnamon.
Ozo

Re: Brightness Applet Works Great (18.3 Sylvia)

Post by Ozo »

After using this extension for some time I have found that it is not as useful as I first thought. After only a small amount of dimming the text becomes hard to read. I find it useful for full dimming at night when I am not using it and the photo slideshow still looks good. I am editing the post title.
Ozo

Re: Brightness Applet Works Poorly on Sylvia 18.3

Post by Ozo »

I found a simple solution to the poor text view when brightness is dimmed. I noticed this the most when reading a book at night but found that the Kindle reader has an option in view settings called Color Mode. The Black option has white letters on a black screen which look great even with the brightness dimmed fully. :D

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”