[SOLVED] Awesome Screenshot: Screen Video Recorder

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ozo

[SOLVED] Awesome Screenshot: Screen Video Recorder

Post by Ozo »

Having tried Google Screenshot, I like it a lot. Has arrows and text and easy to use.

I am having a problem right now getting the edited photos to save to folders. I hope that is resolved soon.

I am using the free version.

....................................CLICK TWICE TO ENLARGE..................................................
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Google Screenshot

Post by jimallyn »

I was unable to find anything called "Google Screenshot." However, searching for 'google screenshot' turns up something called "Awesome Screenshot." Is that what you're talking about?
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
Ozo

Post by Ozo »

Yes, actually it is called Awesome Screenshot: Screen Video Recorder. It places an icon at the top right in Chrome browser.

There are features which have a monthly cost but I am using the free version. However, as I said before, I am having trouble saving the edited photos to my downloads folder so am currently working around that by taking another screenshot of them with Mints screenshot app.

Last edited by Ozo on Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ozo

Post by Ozo »

There are many extensions to Chrome and multiple screenshot recorders with these features like Nimbus for example. Still; I am liking the Awesome Screenshot the best due to its superior interface. I can not save edited photos from Nimbus either but I am sure there is a fix for that. Waiting.

Although I have not done it, these record video too up to about 45 seconds. A screen shot of the entire page (incl. the non-visible part) is possible.

BenTrabetere
Level 7
Level 7

Post by BenTrabetere »

Have you tried Shutter? It can take screenshot of a specific area, a window, the whole screen, or a web page. It has a nice set of tools for editing, applying effects and uploading an screenshot to hosting site. You control where the files are saved, it has a very nice interface, and it works with any browser. :)
http://shutter-project.org/about/

There are a few recommended and suggested dependencies that I think should be considered dependencies. The complete list is http://shutter-project.org/downloads/dependencies/; at the very least you should consider
  • Recommends: libgoo-canvas-perl - needed for the built-in editor
    Suggests: gnome-web-photo - needed to capture websites
    Suggests: nautilus-sendto - adds “Send To" function to the right-click menu
Patreon sponsor since August 2022
Ozo

Post by Ozo »

BenTrabetere wrote:Have you tried Shutter? It can take screenshot of a specific area, a window, the whole screen, or a web page. It has a nice set of tools for editing, applying effects and uploading an screenshot to hosting site. You control where the files are saved, it has a very nice interface, and it works with any browser. :)
http://shutter-project.org/about/

There are a few recommended and suggested dependencies that I think should be considered dependencies. The complete list is http://shutter-project.org/downloads/dependencies/; at the very least you should consider
  • Recommends: libgoo-canvas-perl - needed for the built-in editor
    Suggests: gnome-web-photo - needed to capture websites
    Suggests: nautilus-sendto - adds “Send To" function to the right-click menu
I have that on my panel and you are right, it is a powerful editor but the interface is ok if you are on a laptop but, for me, the tool icons are so small I can not see them across the room on 40" monitor in double scale.

EDIT: After a brief look I see , of course, that the tools are easy to read on the drop down.

Also, i forget the best part. I am having no problems saving the edited photos in Shutter unlike the ones which are Chrome extensions. Still I am pretty fond of the Awesome Screenshot ...extension and hope to resolve my problem with saving the edited photos.

......................................................DOUBLE CLICK FOR LARGEST VIEW.........................
Ozo

Re: [SOLVED] Awesome Screenshot: Screen Video Recorder

Post by Ozo »

There was a simple fix to my problem and you can laugh as I deserve it. Problem was that there is a button at the top of the edit page called "DONE" which was out of my sight until I reduced the magnification a little. :oops:

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”