New Cinnamon design!!!

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Brahim Salem

New Cinnamon design!!!

Post by Brahim Salem »

W want a clean desktop like this one https://www.opendesktop.org/s/Cinnamon/p/1208506/ + gnome apps grid for Cinnamon.

Image Image
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Re: New Cinnamon design!!!

Post by Portreve »

That's actually the antithesis of Cinnamon's fundamental design aesthetic.

Gnome 3's UI design is the reason for the split several years ago.

I think you may well be barking up the wrong tree.
Flying this flag in support of freedom 🇺🇦

Recommended keyboard layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)

Podcasts: Linux Unplugged, Destination Linux

Also check out Thor Hartmannsson's Linux Tips YouTube Channel
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Isn't that easy enough to do yourself?

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Penn

Post by Penn »

What are you saying?

Do you want Cinnamon to work on Mac?

Mint or Cinnamon to just be another Ubuntu, or worse, Gnome?

You want Mac, Ubutntu or Gnome to conform to Cinnamon?

Two people replied and they seem to be thinking different ideas for what you are saying also.

Maybe a bit off topic, why do so many Linux users want more Apple/Mac influence on open source desktop environments when Apple is even more drastic about their proprietary mentality than either Microsoft or Google?
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

Zorba wrote:W want a clean desktop like this one https://www.opendesktop.org/s/Cinnamon/p/1208506/ + gnome apps grid for Cinnamon.
I presume the first word in your post is We? Who is this "We" you're speaking for?

If you want a clean desktop like the one in your link, try Ubuntu.
sikejsudjek

Post by sikejsudjek »

Well I don't want anything like that screenshot - I want it as it is now ! :D
Penn

Post by Penn »

My first response was when I thought I was about to head out the door. I had enough time to look at Zorba's recent posts. There have been multiple posts in multiple threads about this and Zorba just wants Gnome to be another DE for Mint. viewtopic.php?f=29&t=261094&p=1410516#p1410516

The post in this thread may be a matter of, if "we" (the extreme minority on this forum) can't get Gnome as another desktop just make Cinnamon the exact same as Gnome? If that is the case, Portreve is right. The reason Cinnamon exists is to get away from what Gnome is doing.

Debian offers a version of Gnome that Ubuntu hasn't "messed" with yet. I haven't checked it out for a while but last I knew Fedora did too. Then again, I don't even know if Ubuntu has messed with it. Maybe Gnome messed with themselves, AGAIN.
MintBean

Post by MintBean »

I'm pretty sure there's an easy way to access the stock Gnome experience on Ubuntu from what I read a while back. If Ubuntu is your ideal, just go with Ubuntu.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”