Back up and restore tool 18.3 thanks for it

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
SwanRider
Level 2
Level 2

Back up and restore tool 18.3 thanks for it

Post by SwanRider » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:02 am

I have found the back up tool which allows you to make choices very good. I have recently had to use when my previous hard drive started to fail. I did a back up of my home folder and then after replacing my hard drive and reinstalling Mint 18.3 I did a restore from my back up location and it was by far the easiest that I have ever done. The restore took sometime, but that was only because of the media I was using. So thank you for including this tool so that even not so teckies like me can use it
Traa dy liooar

hattpa
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Back up and restore tool 18.3 thanks for it

Post by hattpa » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:51 am

Thanks for raising that SwanRider, I hadn't seen that, and having just installed backing everything up the hard way, I'll start using it :D
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
Mark Twain

SwanRider
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Back up and restore tool 18.3 thanks for it

Post by SwanRider » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:00 am

hattpa wrote:Thanks for raising that SwanRider, I hadn't seen that, and having just installed backing everything up the hard way, I'll start using it :D
Glad it helped - It does take some time, but if you've got a back up done then the main time is take with the restore -the other things you can do while that is going on
Traa dy liooar

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”