Back up and restore tool 18.3 thanks for it

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
SwanRider

Back up and restore tool 18.3 thanks for it

Post by SwanRider »

I have found the back up tool which allows you to make choices very good. I have recently had to use when my previous hard drive started to fail. I did a back up of my home folder and then after replacing my hard drive and reinstalling Mint 18.3 I did a restore from my back up location and it was by far the easiest that I have ever done. The restore took sometime, but that was only because of the media I was using. So thank you for including this tool so that even not so teckies like me can use it
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
hattpa
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Back up and restore tool 18.3 thanks for it

Post by hattpa »

Thanks for raising that SwanRider, I hadn't seen that, and having just installed backing everything up the hard way, I'll start using it :D
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
Mark Twain
SwanRider

Re: Back up and restore tool 18.3 thanks for it

Post by SwanRider »

hattpa wrote:Thanks for raising that SwanRider, I hadn't seen that, and having just installed backing everything up the hard way, I'll start using it :D
Glad it helped - It does take some time, but if you've got a back up done then the main time is take with the restore -the other things you can do while that is going on

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”