dual boot windwoes/mint smoke loader malware

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Madmogone
Level 2
Level 2

dual boot windwoes/mint smoke loader malware

Post by Madmogone »

Hi all, just a bit of info reading recent linux format mag,does not involve myself as I do not dual boot with windwoes, but may be of use to those who do.Malwarebytes has discovered a fake Meltdown and Spectre patch that deposits "smoke loader" malware onto the victims Windwoes machine.Info at http://bit.ly/smoke-loaders. Hope this is of use to others, Cheers all.

Moderator: corrected URL
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tovian
Level 5
Level 5

Re: dual boot windwoes/mint smoke loader malware

Post by tovian »

This link, plus others it leads to, all very interesting. Thank You.
“I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part"
"We're just the guys to do it”

Animal House
Pepi
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Pepi »

Wonder how many 'Hackers' were not even aware of the security holes in our hardware until it was smeared all over the internet
Madmogone
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Madmogone »

Hi all, yeah looks like it could get very interesting in the future.I think the problems are going to arise more with the commercial end of the market,admins not updating etc so as not to upset the general running of their systems but that could impact more on us mere mortals.WE shall only see.Any how all take care out there,Cheers.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”