Finally had the chance to set up my Mintbox Mini Pro (temporarily). Here it is running like a charm

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ylevental

Finally had the chance to set up my Mintbox Mini Pro (temporarily). Here it is running like a charm

Post by ylevental »

AkaLwiQ.jpg
It's fanless, so there is no noise pollution :D

Next step: Petition Realtek to fully release all available high-quality audio drivers for Linux.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dXTC
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Finally had the chance to set up my Mintbox Mini Pro (temporarily). Here it is running like a charm

Post by dXTC »

I bet the final setup will be quite nice. Are you thinking about keeping it on the desk for port accessibility, or mounting it to the back of the monitor to reduce clutter? There are some NUC vendors that sell VESA mounts for that purpose; System76's Meerkat includes a matching VESA mount for free.
dXTC
-----
IT oldie, Linux newbie, and all-around goofy fellow.
ylevental

Re: Finally had the chance to set up my Mintbox Mini Pro (temporarily). Here it is running like a charm

Post by ylevental »

dXTC wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:10 pm I bet the final setup will be quite nice. Are you thinking about keeping it on the desk for port accessibility, or mounting it to the back of the monitor to reduce clutter? There are some NUC vendors that sell VESA mounts for that purpose; System76's Meerkat includes a matching VESA mount for free.
I prefer port accessibility.
dXTC
Level 4
Level 4

Post by dXTC »

ylevental wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:58 pm
dXTC wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:10 pm I bet the final setup will be quite nice. Are you thinking about keeping it on the desk for port accessibility, or mounting it to the back of the monitor to reduce clutter? ...
I prefer port accessibility.
Funny thing is, so do I. I'm like Gary Numan. I dream of wires. :D
dXTC
-----
IT oldie, Linux newbie, and all-around goofy fellow.
aedoue

Post by aedoue »

Thanks for posting your setup photo. I have just ordered my mintbox, and am excited!

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”