Excited for 19.x

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Excited for 19.x

Post by jimallyn »

I believe the release dates for Linux Mint are usually "when it's ready." Yes, there are approximate dates that they release, but when it comes down to it, it's usually "when it's ready."
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Portreve »

The event of the circumstance of the release of the 19.0 release of the distro of the LinuxMint Project is the cause of the development of excitement on the part of myself, too.
Flying this flag in support of freedom 🇺🇦

Recommended keyboard layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)

Podcasts: Linux Unplugged, Destination Linux

Also check out Thor Hartmannsson's Linux Tips YouTube Channel
kenetics
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kenetics »

Portreve wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 12:51 pm The event of the circumstance of the release of the 19.0 release of the distro of the LinuxMint Project is the cause of the development of excitement on the part of myself, too.
Try to keep your cool, man! :)
Using Mint as primary OS since 2006.
Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Portreve »

kenetics wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:31 am
Portreve wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 12:51 pm The event of the circumstance of the release of the 19.0 release of the distro of the LinuxMint Project is the cause of the development of excitement on the part of myself, too.
Try to keep your cool, man! :)
Clearly.
Flying this flag in support of freedom 🇺🇦

Recommended keyboard layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)

Podcasts: Linux Unplugged, Destination Linux

Also check out Thor Hartmannsson's Linux Tips YouTube Channel
sphyrth

Post by sphyrth »

Everyone's excited for every new Mint release, especially when the scheduled date is right around the corner (regardless whether it will be released on that said date or not). That's just how we are.

But because it's Ubuntu-based there will always be these kinds of post-release comments:
"I tried it, and the previous version is better. I'm going back to it until x.1 or x.2 comes along.".

My only grievance is I still can't afford a 64-bit system.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Just sneaked a peek at the Heanet Mint Mirror and lo and behold saw the Mint 19 Beta iso files. Just did a fresh install of Cinnamon 19 64bit Beta, installed all the usual software I install, including wine, and after an hour of use it seems to run as smooth and stable as Mint 18.3. That makes me a happy boy :D
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
InkKnife
Level 5
Level 5

Post by InkKnife »

majpooper wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:04 pm Here comes the party pooper . . . . me.

New releases are a necessary evil. Of course they are needed to move technology forward - without them we would all still be running Windows 3.1. But unfortunately they mean new bugs to work out and the inconvenience of getting things that were working just fine to work again. That is why I am always fashionably late to the new release party.
I usually try and wait about a month before I upgrade. There is always a flurry of updates after a release squashing bugs the RTM revealed. The Mint guys get things cleaned up pretty fast tho.
i7 3770, 12GB of ram, 256GB SSD, 64GB SSD, 750GB HDD, 1TB HDD, Cinnamon.
Pepi
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Pepi »

I installed 19 on my external drive and it was running great until I upgraded my Nivida card driver. Blank screen now :wink: Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Went back to the Linux video driver and all is well again.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”