[SOLVED] Report Improvement Ideas

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
DeadRinger

[SOLVED] Report Improvement Ideas

Post by DeadRinger »

Hi. I very new to Mint and this FORUM. I did some searching for the best place to report my ideas about how to improve MINT.

For example: #1 I noticed that after clicking on an icon (Welcome Screen for example), there is no indication by the mouse cursor that your activation of the icon is being processed (ie. Wait/Working cursor change), and the first things someone does is click/activate it again, thinking the "double-click" did not work... Well low and behold the application opens TWICE.

So clearly the OS needs to improve its basic cursor routine for such things. Granted, the cursor routine does do this during some in-application processed, but not for the Welcome Screen and I believe other sort of Admin/Manager icon interfaces for settings and the like.

SO... where is the best place to communicate this with people that are considering which features to improve?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
BigEasy
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Report Improvement Ideas

Post by BigEasy »

DeadRinger wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:18 pm For example: #1 I noticed that after clicking on an icon (Welcome Screen for example), there is no indication by the mouse cursor that your activation of the icon is being processed
Not working for you doesn't means not working for everybody. So you need some tech support, not report new idea.
Windows assumes I'm stupid but Linux demands proof of it
Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Portreve »

I'm finding the dematerialization subroutine has been disabled, and the phase inducers have been cross-connected to the lateral balance cones.

Most of the primary 4 dimensional navigation subsystems are offline.

I really, really hope Clem isn't planning on leaving things like this. I want to be able to see the construction of the pyramids at the Giza Plateau.
Flying this flag in support of freedom 🇺🇦

Recommended keyboard layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)

Podcasts: Linux Unplugged, Destination Linux

Also check out Thor Hartmannsson's Linux Tips YouTube Channel
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

Portreve wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:37 pm I want to be able to see the construction of the pyramids at the Giza Plateau.
Myth! They were actually constucted on the same sound stage where the moon landing hoax was filmed, then moved to Giza when they couldn't get a shot without showing the pyramids in the background!

Of course, they had to bribe all the locals to say they had been there for centuries.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

in the days of Yo, you could suggest an idea to the LinuxMint Team,
& it would be implemented that afternoon.
:shock:
but, those days are long gone, and the LinuxMint project is much more conservative.
- so you most probably won't get your idea implemented, anymore,
but, there are still ways to suggest these things

BTW: do keep your reply to a more civil level, or you may run foul of the Forum Administrator(s)
:!:
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
JosephM
Level 6
Level 6

Post by JosephM »

A good part of what's done every release comes from the suggestions of users. Long time or new user, a good idea is a good idea. Does it mean we would jump to implement this? Maybe not. But it's a sensible idea.
When I give opinions, they are my own. Not necessarily those of any other Linux Mint developer or the Linux Mint project as a whole.
DeadRinger

Post by DeadRinger »

JosephM wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:14 amA good part of what's done every release comes from the suggestions of users. Long time or new user, a good idea is a good idea. Does it mean we would jump to implement this? Maybe not. But it's a sensible idea.
@JosephM, Thanks for the support. I'm just trying to do my part in contributing to a better open-source project. I still don't know for sure if [this forum] is even the right forum for ideas, I'd rather submit my thoughts and findings from a user point of view to the people directly through proper channels...
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: [Closed or Maybe Not!] Report Improvement Ideas

Post by Moem »

I think you'll find the Community site to be the better place for what you have in mind:
This website provides:

An idea pool, for users to contribute new ideas.
https://community.linuxmint.com/

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
DeadRinger

Re: [Closed or Maybe Not!] Report Improvement Ideas

Post by DeadRinger »

Moem wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:43 am I think you'll find the Community site to be the better place for what you have in mind:
This website provides:

An idea pool, for users to contribute new ideas.
https://community.linuxmint.com/
Thank you.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”