Thank You for 6 Great Years and Good-Bye!

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
recluce

Thank You for 6 Great Years and Good-Bye!

Post by recluce »

First off, a big, big thank you to the Team for creating Mint. I have been an avid Mint user since Mint 13 (migrating from Ubuntu) and still have Mint 17 running on many machines in the house. Hey, I have even donated to the project a few times and certainly have advocated it. Actually, I still advocate it for users that are not at expert level in Linux administration.

However, after evaluating Mint 18, I looked deeper and further afield. At the end of the day, I found something that suited me better (no details, as I do not want to cause anybody's blood pressure to rise and discussion of the "why" is not the purpose of my post). So I am moving to Artix Linux with Cinnamon as my desktop environment and have started the slow migration. Again, no rant, no hate, just moving on while being thankful for the last six years. Who knows, maybe I will be back some day.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
sammiev

Re: Thank You for 6 Great Years and Good-Bye!

Post by sammiev »

I run most or have tried most Linux OS and Mint is fantastic. I will never stop using this or that, just use what works for me.
If your happy with what you are using, then you are using the right OS.
Good Luck! :D
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

Hi recluce.

Bye recluce.

And thank you for a farewell post that wasn't griping about some issue with Mint. The best OS is the one the fits YOU best.
bob466
Level 6
Level 6

Post by bob466 »

Good Bye.
Linux For Ever...Windows Never. Image
The Freedom To Choose Your Own Avatar Without Victimisation.
asinoro
Level 6
Level 6

Post by asinoro »

I know by writing this I will make your trip shorter away from Mint, but the reality is always different than you think.
There is one very basic tool the policykit which is very much connected with systemd. It doesn’t matter what init you use this tool is impossible to remove, thus is better to live with it, which means it works best with the native other major tool systemd.
You can find in your new system by running the command.

Code: Select all

locate  policykit
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

That's a nice thought, to thank the team for Mint. Safe travels!

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Post by lsemmens »

I'm glad that you are only moving to another part of the Linux kingdom. Me, having just moved from that "other" operating system, would say that your time away will be very short lived. You can still post here, even if it is to tell us how you are. All the best.
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”