My personal judgement on Linux Mint [solved]

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Gabriele
Level 1
Level 1

My personal judgement on Linux Mint [solved]

Post by Gabriele »

Hi,

have istalled Linux Mint since November 2017 on two machine one with KDE and the other first with XFCE (is it written like this? please forgive me) and later with Cinnamon.

I think is a very good system and personally the best I have tried so far but it has a weak point. Indeed is fragile when computer crash or battery off suddendly.
For this reason i had to reinstall the system again because no automatic procedure of re-establishment is provided. When you go on command line with fsck no safe automatic is provided. I have also seen that is possible to run a (recovery mode) but i could not use it because i discovered it later and with command line i think i made already some mistake; a good manual on fsck should be provided within the program of recovery and a safe thread of command should be illustrated. Same for dskg and other command.

I'm satisfied because Linux Mint does what is expected to do. So i think is the best system I have tried. I will support.

Regards

GM
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
BigEasy
Level 6
Level 6

Re: My personal judgement on Linux Mint

Post by BigEasy »

Gabriele wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:40 amIndeed is fragile when computer crash or battery off suddendly.
No, it is not fragile. What the "computer crash"? How battery can off suddenly ???
For this reason i had to reinstall the system again
What reason? You see white on black text: "Please reinstall the system because last time the barrery was 0%" or what? Please, be more specific.
Windows assumes I'm stupid but Linux demands proof of it
Gabriele
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Gabriele »

BigEasy wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:03 am
Gabriele wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:40 amIndeed is fragile when computer crash or battery off suddendly.
No, it is not fragile. What the "computer crash"? How battery can off suddenly ???
For this reason i had to reinstall the system again
What reason? You see white on black text: "Please reinstall the system because last time the barrery was 0%" or what? Please, be more specific.
Some times init frames message suggest to do a fsck on /dev/sda2. But the process of doing so was not clear and i think i made some mistake
because get me stuck on start logo at start up. I solved with usb stick live mint becuase i could recover the documents and to reprocess an istallation.

The problem i found was in not have a clear recovery mode from command line. Next time i will try with the recovery menu.

fsck ask

Code: Select all

ignore error <y> ?   

after ask

clear <y> ? 
and after ask

fix <y>? 
the process is not so easy to understand, which is safe mode to operate
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Gabriele, I think you'd be better off posting a proper support question in a suitable forum section and giving all relevant information; the problems you are mentioning are not universal, and people may be able to help.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”