New version of Linux Mint (Have you tried it, yet ?) (Solved)

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Arch_Enemy
Level 6
Level 6

Re: New version of Linux Mint (Have you tried it, yet ?)

Post by Arch_Enemy »

Where to report bugs/inconsistencies?

Just niggling little things with appearance, so far. I'm running the MATE version, as usual, and theme changes don't work well. Window borders don't change according to the selected theme, and stay at Adwaita most of the time, one of the only ones that works is BlackMATE but I've been using it so long I want a change. Also, changes are not consistent; I set it to BlackMATE and while I have changed it to a grey theme, Firefox is still stuck in BlackMATE.

This is really just a nuisance, it doesn't affect the operation at all.
I have travelled 37629424162.9 miles in my lifetime

One thing I would suggest, create a partition as a 50G partition as /. Partition the rest as /Home. IF the system fails, reinstall and use the exact same username and all your 'stuff' comes back to you.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Arch_Enemy wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:07 am Where to report bugs/inconsistencies?
If it's the OS itself: on the blog, in the comments of the relevant blog post for your DE.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Arch_Enemy
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arch_Enemy »

Moem wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:40 am
Arch_Enemy wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:07 am Where to report bugs/inconsistencies?
If it's the OS itself: on the blog, in the comments of the relevant blog post for your DE.
Thank you, Moem. :D
I have travelled 37629424162.9 miles in my lifetime

One thing I would suggest, create a partition as a 50G partition as /. Partition the rest as /Home. IF the system fails, reinstall and use the exact same username and all your 'stuff' comes back to you.
Jørn Rudolph
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Jørn Rudolph »

Thank You - Very Much - To You All ..
I have Installed Version 19 - TARA - MATE ...

Work fine ...
Greetings From
Jørn Rudolph
Copenhagen * Denmark
* Linux Mint MATE 18 * Sara * 32 Bit
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: New version of Linux Mint (Have you tried it, yet ?) (Solved)

Post by Moem »

Mod note:
SplurgeNL's question about Wine has been split off into a separate topic and can now be found here.
Last edited by karlchen on Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Locking this chat thread, which started about Mint 18.3 beta way back in 2018

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”