File manager tip for those coming from mac

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
schadowen
Level 1
Level 1

File manager tip for those coming from mac

Post by schadowen »

Found a setting in nemo file manager for renaming a file (under file manger prefs, behavoir) 'Click on a file's name twice to rename it', anyone coming from macos its a great way to avoid frustration. I kept opening the file when i wanted to rename it.

Another thing i found useful was to uncheck 'Sort folders before files' in default view, but that's just a personal preference of mine.

I still can't seem to find is a keyboard short cut for my mac keyboard to take a screen shot (No Print Screen key), still find myself doing 'Command/Shift 4', lol

Hope that may help some Mac switchers.

http://netwares.net/images/filemanger2.png
http://netwares.net/images/filemanager1.png
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
slipstick
Level 6
Level 6

Re: File manager tip for those coming from mac

Post by slipstick »

schadowen wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:25 pm I still can't seem to find is a keyboard short cut for my mac keyboard to take a screen shot (No Print Screen key), still find myself doing 'Command/Shift 4', lol
I'm not familiar with mac hardware, but it seems you could add a custom keyboard shortcut. From the menu editor (to see the launch command, right click on the Menu button, click on "Configure", then "Menu", then "Open the menu editor", then in the "Main Menu" box, click on "Accessories" and highlight "Screenshot", then click on "Properties"), I see that screenshot is launched by "gnome-screenshot --interactive", so if you go to the menu and select "Preferences"->"Keyboard"->"Shortcuts"->"Custom Shortcuts"->"Add custom shortcut", you should be able to type the launch command into the top box and select a key combination to launch it.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they ain't.
schadowen
Level 1
Level 1

Re: File manager tip for those coming from mac

Post by schadowen »

Thanks, worked like a charm!

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”