Notice to Mint 19 Beta Users

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
User avatar
Arch_Enemy
Level 6
Level 6
Posts: 1132
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:28 pm

Re: Notice to Mint 19 Beta Users

Post by Arch_Enemy » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:38 pm

catweazel wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:51 am
Arch_Enemy wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:25 am
Catweazel. You look a bit happier than before. Find a good source of Scotch? :D
If so, pass it along! :wink:
I should post a picture of my fully stocked bar...

Image

How about some 20yr-old Chivas?
Now, you are talking my language! :D
I have travelled 35629424162.9 miles in my lifetime

One thing I would suggest, create a partition a ~28G partition as /. Partition the rest as /Home.
When the system fails, reinstall and use the exact same username and all your 'stuff' comes back to you.

User avatar
Portreve
Level 6
Level 6
Posts: 1199
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:03 am
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: Notice to Mint 19 Beta Users

Post by Portreve » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:07 pm

Arch_Enemy wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:38 pm
catweazel wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:51 am
Arch_Enemy wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:25 am
Catweazel. You look a bit happier than before. Find a good source of Scotch? :D
If so, pass it along! :wink:
I should post a picture of my fully stocked bar...

Image

How about some 20yr-old Chivas?
Now, you are talking my language! :D
I'm down. When and where? :lol:
Everything is in hand. With this tapestry... and with patience, there is nothing one cannot achieve.

No hamsters were harmed in the authoring of this post.

User avatar
catweazel
Level 16
Level 16
Posts: 6247
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:44 pm
Location: Australian Antarctic Territory

Re: Notice to Mint 19 Beta Users

Post by catweazel » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:12 pm

Arch_Enemy wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:38 pm
Now, you are talking my language! :D
:lol: that's only half of it. The cupboards are stocked with spares.
Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile - Albert Einstein

User avatar
catweazel
Level 16
Level 16
Posts: 6247
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:44 pm
Location: Australian Antarctic Territory

Re: Notice to Mint 19 Beta Users

Post by catweazel » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:15 pm

Portreve wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:07 pm
I'm down. When and where? :lol:
I'm sorry, Portreve. Being down isn't enough. You also need to be under :mrgreen:
Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile - Albert Einstein

User avatar
Portreve
Level 6
Level 6
Posts: 1199
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:03 am
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: Notice to Mint 19 Beta Users

Post by Portreve » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:27 pm

catweazel wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:15 pm
Portreve wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:07 pm
I'm down. When and where? :lol:
I'm sorry, Portreve. Being down isn't enough. You also need to be under :mrgreen:
*calls boss*

*tells boss he can't come in... again... ever*

*hops in the Gulf of Mexico and starts swimming*

*truly hopes catweazel's hooch is worth the trip* :lol:
Everything is in hand. With this tapestry... and with patience, there is nothing one cannot achieve.

No hamsters were harmed in the authoring of this post.

User avatar
catweazel
Level 16
Level 16
Posts: 6247
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:44 pm
Location: Australian Antarctic Territory

Re: Notice to Mint 19 Beta Users

Post by catweazel » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:34 pm

Portreve wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:27 pm
*hops in the Gulf of Mexico and starts swimming*
It'll be quicker to go via the Panama Canal, but by the time you get here I'll be holidaying in Indonesia.
*truly hopes catweazel's hooch is worth the trip*
Who said I was sharing?

:mrgreen:
Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile - Albert Einstein

User avatar
Arch_Enemy
Level 6
Level 6
Posts: 1132
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:28 pm

Re: Notice to Mint 19 Beta Users

Post by Arch_Enemy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:29 pm

catweazel wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:34 pm
Portreve wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:27 pm
*hops in the Gulf of Mexico and starts swimming*
It'll be quicker to go via the Panama Canal, but by the time you get here I'll be holidaying in Indonesia.
*truly hopes catweazel's hooch is worth the trip*
Who said I was sharing?

:mrgreen:
We'll bring some of our own "ingredients" with us.

Should be a good time! <HIC!>
I have travelled 35629424162.9 miles in my lifetime

One thing I would suggest, create a partition a ~28G partition as /. Partition the rest as /Home.
When the system fails, reinstall and use the exact same username and all your 'stuff' comes back to you.

Post Reply

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”