Mint is my secondary distro

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
whm1974
Level 4
Level 4

Mint is my secondary distro

Post by whm1974 »

Last week I decided to install Linux Mint 19 on my laptop to test it out and to see how well I could maintain my dad's computer with it installed instead of Manjaro.

The only problem my dad is having with Manjaro is that he doesn't do the updates or have me over often enough to do and keep up with them as they come out. Otherwise Manjaro work just for my dad.

Anyway after I gotten Mint on my Thinkpad, I put Anydesk on both my notebook and desktop and used it to update Mint and install the Media Codecs from my main system. This worked out really great and is easy to do.

I am going to keep Mint on my T430 so I can become more familiar with this distro so I can walk other people through with using Linux.

Keep up the good work.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Dot_mdb
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Mint is my secondary distro

Post by Dot_mdb »

I've been using Mint for 3.5 years. I am comfortable around computers but not an operating system wiz. I think the most important thing is to be comfortable with the OS that you are using and that the one you know the best, is the best. I've looked at other distros and I've thought that some were good. But I haven't seen anything that would entice me to make a change from Mint.

Mint-Cinnamon is my go to OS. I've used Xfce and it is a second choice if a machine won't run Cinnamon. I guess I am just a happy camper when it comes to Mint. If you spend time with it you might feel the same.

Bill
whm1974
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Mint is my secondary distro

Post by whm1974 »

Well I did use Mint for some time before switching to Xubuntu and then over to Manjaro. I just prefer the rolling release model.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”