dual booting

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
laramy

dual booting

Post by laramy »

I have been using windows 10 (ugh) and I decided to start using Linux in a dual boot situation. I have downloaded Linux mint 18.3. I loaded this O.S. into my hard drive form a flash drive. I thought that every thing was O.K. until I got the message as follows: "secure boot violation. Check secure boot connection. Invalid signature detected. Check secure boot policy in set up". What is going on ? Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: dual booting

Post by Moem »

Sounds like you need to switch off secure boot in your Windows installation or in the BIOS.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
laramy

Post by laramy »

Moen, Thank you for the advice. I removed the secure boot feature and it worked. However, I am concerned regarding the removal of booting security. Thanks again
rado84

Post by rado84 »

laramy wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:53 pm I am concerned regarding the removal of booting security.
Nothing to worry about. This is just a Micronical's attempt to block using any other operating systems that are not Windows. Human greed knows no boundaries...

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”