Up and Running Again

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
stephanieswitzer
Level 4
Level 4

Up and Running Again

Post by stephanieswitzer »

After one of my MacMini's mother board crapped out ( It was running LM 19 Cinnamon, single boot) I decided to Dual boot my other MacMini running OSX, while I saved for a new box.

1. I first had to boot OSX into recovery mode and disable SIP (System Integrity Protection) A little nuisance that Apple slips into it's newer machines to protect the boot area. Opened the Terminal and issued "csrutil disable"
2. Next I opened Disk Manager I created a 200 GB partition named "Linux" to install Mint. (why didn't I name it "Mint"?)
3. Inserted the Live USB and holding the "Option" key, re-booted OSX to the boot menu and selected the Live USB to boot from.
4. Installed LM 19 Cinnamon then rebooted to the OSX Boot Menu, selected the EFI drive to boot from, and viola - Up and running.

I think the longest part was installing all the updates, including a new kernel.

I'm a happy camper.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Mac-Mini running Linux Mint 20.3 Cinnamon, Intel© Core™ i5-2415M CPU @ 2.30GHz
MacBookPro9,2 running Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.3 Intel Core i5-3210M CPU @ 3.20GHz
System76 Galago Pro 4, running Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.3 Intel i5-1021 CPU @ 4.2 Ghz
DAMIEN1307

Re: Up and Running Again

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

yeaaaah stephanie...ya dun good...lol...DAMIEN
stephanieswitzer
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Up and Running Again

Post by stephanieswitzer »

DAMIEN1307 wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:19 pm yeaaaah stephanie...ya dun good...lol...DAMIEN
Thanks Damien. After using Mint for the last few months I just couldn't do without it so... I'll key my eyes peeled for a used box while I'm visiting England :)
Mac-Mini running Linux Mint 20.3 Cinnamon, Intel© Core™ i5-2415M CPU @ 2.30GHz
MacBookPro9,2 running Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.3 Intel Core i5-3210M CPU @ 3.20GHz
System76 Galago Pro 4, running Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.3 Intel i5-1021 CPU @ 4.2 Ghz

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”