Have I gotten to used to Linux being "perfect" ?

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Have I gotten to used to Linux being "perfect" ?

Post by AZgl1800 »

For the longest time, I reviewed all of the upgrades to see what they did...
then that got to be taking up too much of my screen time,
so, I thought " why not let it all be done automatically? " and get on with enjoying life?

Timeshift makes daily backups...

So, I asked for help, and now it does everything for me behind the scenes.

With one minor exception, kernels are never allowed to be installed automatically
as they will break my internet connection.

but other than that one minor little issue, is it so wrong to just let Linux Mint be purfect and purring like a contented kitty cat? :mrgreen:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
151tom
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Have I gotten to used to Linux being "perfect" ?

Post by 151tom »

Last edited by 151tom on Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last year we said, 'Things can't go on like this', and they didn't, they got worse.
[Will Rogers]

There are two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither works.
[Will Rogers]
ud6

Post by ud6 »

At work I apply all upgrades (but maybe you're right.. I should do automatically!) mainly for security reasons. However, my system works perfectly (all my posts here are on 'chat' not on questions/problems :lol: )

At home I'm not using internet (living in deepest Malawi kkkk), and I updated after install of Tara and used for a while at work to check no problems, but now it's back at home I don't update/upgrade anything. Occasionally I bring the odd Caja script or icon set home to install. I guess I'm gambling that I'm not going to transfer viruses through usb, but for me my home system is stable and works so quite happy Im happy as it is. I always fear to interfere with a stable working system*.

(*) Problem of linux though, if your system works perfectly, feels you need something to change so you end up fiddling 'till you break it :lol:
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Post by AZgl1800 »

The only problems that I have had with Linux, were those that I caused with not enough knowledge to know what I was doing. :D

a couple of times, well, maybe more, those resulted in new fresh installs... :lol:
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”