Devious adverts creates constant battle.. in windows

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ud6

Devious adverts creates constant battle.. in windows

Post by ud6 »

Thank goodness I'm using linux. Two others in my office using and a third interested in mint because of ease of use... Windows, Apple and Google are in such fierce competition, whereas linux really does take the road less traveled, that makes all the difference.

If there's one thing I hate it's wasting time on fighting an operating system that wants sales, not useability. As well as within system ads and trying to dance the fine line between preventing users installing other software and just making it difficult, windows users can expect a future of alternative software suggestions whenever they open a file. https://www.theregister.co.uk/AMP/2018/ ... ggestions/

So.glad my mint system works for me, rather than vice versa. I wonder what the next 50 years holds for Linux.. in my mind it will slowly but surely increase its user base :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Devious adverts creates constant battle.. in windows

Post by lsemmens »

Of course you want to keep using Edge.....................................................................................................................yeah! riiiiiiiiight!
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
ud6

Re: Devious adverts creates constant battle.. in windows

Post by ud6 »

lsemmens wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:51 am Of course you want to keep using Edge.....................................................................................................................yeah! riiiiiiiiight!
:lol: :lol: :lol: I guess we made that choice along time before Edge even came out

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”