A Sad Day for Mint

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: A Sad Day for Mint

Post by Moem »

JerryF wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:50 am Even here in the forum, when two spaces are put in after a period, the two spaces are changed to one space.
Probably because in most of the world, that's how it's done. This is an international forum after all.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Post by AZgl1800 »

catweazel wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:28 am
Pjotr wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:25 am The title of this thread strikes me as a bit precocious, by the way. :mrgreen:
I think the whole thing is, given he's never posted and asked for assistance.
Yesterday, on my motorcycle forum, we had to ban a member with 18 months membership.
He was a Stealth Troll, so practiced in his art, that a single post was not enough to warrant kicking him off the forum.

But he met his mark when he challenged me directly in a thread that I started myself, and when I bit back, his shell started coming unglued.

I had received a few Private Messages from other forum members about his tongue on the forum, but just one or two complaints isn't enough....

but, then we started researching the guy, he belonged to other forums and suddenly disappeared from them to not be seen again.... and the language he used on them was even harsher....

we took a poll of all the mods, and it was 100% ban the guy.

This OP's first and only post, seems to me, to be somewhat like my forum's Troll.
Close but not enough in just one post.
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
mwbworld

Post by mwbworld »

catweazel wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:03 am Edit: I did a little digging. The proprietor of Irwin Electronics is named David :)
LM: "I'm sorry Dave but I can't do that..."
majpooper
Level 8
Level 8

Post by majpooper »

Come on folks - this a troll pure and simple.
BG405
Level 8
Level 8

Post by BG405 »

mwbworld wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:12 pm LM: "I'm sorry Dave but I can't do that..."
:lol: HAL 9000 :D
majpooper wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:18 pm Come on folks - this a troll pure and simple.
Maybe, but in this case it's sparked a lively and friendly thread, so the OP's intention, if it's what we think it is, has not been met. :mrgreen: :lol:
Dell Inspiron 1525 - LM17.3 CE 64-------------------Lenovo T440 - Manjaro KDE with Mint VMs
Toshiba NB250 - Manjaro KDE------------------------Acer Aspire One D255E - LM21.3 Xfce
Acer Aspire E11 ES1-111M - LM18.2 KDE 64 ----Two ROMS don't make a WRITE
VoxelMints

Post by VoxelMints »

This guy. This is obvious trolling.
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

DAMIEN1307 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:29 am hi moem...that was for murphcid where he mentioned what i was replying to...
Well it is a little annoying to discover that there are "secret: settings in BIOS that you have to tweak to get Linux to load. I had fits with my little HP Spectre x360, and it was annoying. I hope that those smarter and better at code can fix this little issue with UEFI and Secure Boot. I grant he went about it the wrong way, but there is still a problem to some degree.
note that he mentioned coders and I construed that to mean developers
I hope that those smarter and better at code can fix this little issue with UEFI and Secure Boot
I’m old, so I still use coders, I am not a complete newbie, it’s just when I have one of those Arrrrrggggghhhh moments.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Well, it seems that Elvis has left the building, and I don't think he'll be missed. We're done here.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”