Wow, you guys messed up with Mint 19

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Wow, you guys messed up with Mint 19

Post by karlchen »

Hello, Pepi.
Pepi wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:37 am
ajgringo619 wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:56 pmI want to know how Mint was able to corrupt USBs - that's a pretty good trick!
I have to admit ... I've got two USB sticks that got real weird when I was testing Mint 19.
Provided you can explain in reproducible details,
+ how exactly you had created the bootable USB pendrives with the Mint 19 live system on them
+ after which step exactly the pendrives started to behave in a weird way
+ what the weird way is
then you should create corresponding thread, where you report what you experienced.

In case it was not the pendrive with the live system on it, but pendrives which you mounted, while the Mint 19 live system was in use, and which turned bad, well, create a thread about it and tell us how to reproduce the problem, please.

Best regards,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 771 days now.
Lifeline
ajgringo619

Re: Wow, you guys messed up with Mint 19

Post by ajgringo619 »

I had a few issues with the whole UEFI/BIOS thing, but that was my fault for not paying attention to how my system was originally setup (inherited from my brother, only had Windows 7 installed).

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”