Received Nvidia Driver Update to 390.77

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
N3wb
Level 2
Level 2

Received Nvidia Driver Update to 390.77

Post by N3wb » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:03 pm

Issues that are still unresolved for me: Nvidia GPU falling off the bus during suspend and hang after logout. At least there's the option to switch with a logout, but I guess the implementation falls flat on the face for my setup.

Anyone else tried the update? Your thoughts?
Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon
Kernel: 4.15.0-36-generic

Anoep
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Received Nvidia Driver Update to 390.77

Post by Anoep » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:54 am

Hi,

You updated the Nvidia driver, right? How did you do it? Manually or via a PPA? Or using the Driver manager menu? And can you do this for us:
  • open a terminal
  • type the following terminal command: sudo inxi -Fxz. Keep in mind that you need to type your password in the terminal and when typing your password, this will not be made visible in the terminal.
  • copy the output and paste it here (select the output with your mouse and press Shift+Ctrl+C)
This will give us a nice overview of your system specifications

N3wb
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Received Nvidia Driver Update to 390.77

Post by N3wb » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:42 am

Anoep wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:54 am
Hi,

You updated the Nvidia driver, right? How did you do it? Manually or via a PPA? Or using the Driver manager menu? And can you do this for us:
  • open a terminal
  • type the following terminal command: sudo inxi -Fxz. Keep in mind that you need to type your password in the terminal and when typing your password, this will not be made visible in the terminal.
  • copy the output and paste it here (select the output with your mouse and press Shift+Ctrl+C)
This will give us a nice overview of your system specifications
Oh hey, I wasn't really looking for issue support in this thread. Just wanted to know if others have tried this driver on LM 18.x/19 and what their experience with it was. I received it via update manager.
EDIT: Just tried the logout method for switching again and it works now. Odd...
Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon
Kernel: 4.15.0-36-generic

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”