Received Nvidia Driver Update to 390.77

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
N3wb

Received Nvidia Driver Update to 390.77

Post by N3wb »

Issues that are still unresolved for me: Nvidia GPU falling off the bus during suspend and hang after logout. At least there's the option to switch with a logout, but I guess the implementation falls flat on the face for my setup.

Anyone else tried the update? Your thoughts?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Anoep

Re: Received Nvidia Driver Update to 390.77

Post by Anoep »

Hi,

You updated the Nvidia driver, right? How did you do it? Manually or via a PPA? Or using the Driver manager menu? And can you do this for us:
  • open a terminal
  • type the following terminal command: sudo inxi -Fxz. Keep in mind that you need to type your password in the terminal and when typing your password, this will not be made visible in the terminal.
  • copy the output and paste it here (select the output with your mouse and press Shift+Ctrl+C)
This will give us a nice overview of your system specifications
N3wb

Re: Received Nvidia Driver Update to 390.77

Post by N3wb »

Anoep wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:54 am Hi,

You updated the Nvidia driver, right? How did you do it? Manually or via a PPA? Or using the Driver manager menu? And can you do this for us:
  • open a terminal
  • type the following terminal command: sudo inxi -Fxz. Keep in mind that you need to type your password in the terminal and when typing your password, this will not be made visible in the terminal.
  • copy the output and paste it here (select the output with your mouse and press Shift+Ctrl+C)
This will give us a nice overview of your system specifications
Oh hey, I wasn't really looking for issue support in this thread. Just wanted to know if others have tried this driver on LM 18.x/19 and what their experience with it was. I received it via update manager.
EDIT: Just tried the logout method for switching again and it works now. Odd...

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”