New Mint install great things happening!

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
adamrobbins2018

New Mint install great things happening!

Post by adamrobbins2018 »

About 3 weeks ago, I had installed Mint 19 on my laptop and new desktop. I was mildly disappointed in how sluggish the system seemed. I ended up going back to Mint 18.3. Well, yesterday and today, I did a fresh install of Mint 19 on both machines. Now, all the sluggishness seems to be gone, and the system is as zippy as 18.3 was. I don't know if there were any changes made in the last few weeks, but I downloaded new iso images and used those. I'm running kernel 4.15.0-29-generic with no problems. After installation, I restored my homedir, installed openssh-server, and other fun things. Of course, I don't have any problematical video cards. My wireless is working flawlessly, even my Panda PAU 09 wireless N adapter which is connecting at 5GHZ. All is well in Gwiltsville.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rc_racer
Level 3
Level 3

Re: New Mint install great things happening!

Post by rc_racer »

Welcome to Mint. I moved from windows 10 to Linux mint about about a year and half ago and do not regret it. Linux Mint is good and I have had a good experience with it. I hope you do too and that great things continue to happen for you as you use it.
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

Welcome. I did the same on my HP laptop, and it works super well. This is the best and most helpful forum on the internet.
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Post by lsemmens »

Welcome, Adam (?), I presume that is your name. You'll find much help and support here.
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”