Thank you to the Mint Mate team

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Red74
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you to the Mint Mate team

Post by Red74 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:45 pm

Just wanted to give a thank you to all those who work on the MATE edition of Linux Mint. I'm currently using Mint MATE 19 and finding it something of a dream tbh. The way you guys have got Gnome2 looking is great.

I'm still amazed at how quick it is even on this hardware (I'm using an old Dell Optiplex 780 with 4gb RAM and it uses a early gen Pentium dual core) I have not even breached into the swap file as yet with the system, firefox and couple of programs open using under 3gb, compared to Windows that is a real wiff of fresh air lol.

Anyway, please try not to go to crazy with Mint 20, the look and feel are great now and besides it may not run on my system if you do lol.

In wrapping up, many thanks to all those contributing to the build of this edition, and keep up the good work :)

deepakdeshp
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Thank you to the Mint Mate team

Post by deepakdeshp » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:23 am

You can keep using Mint 19 till 2023, as it is an LTS version and will be supported till April 2023
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help, and keeps the forum clean.
I am using Mint 19 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A8/7410 processor . Memory 8GB

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”