Thank you to the Mint Mate team

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Red74

Thank you to the Mint Mate team

Post by Red74 »

Just wanted to give a thank you to all those who work on the MATE edition of Linux Mint. I'm currently using Mint MATE 19 and finding it something of a dream tbh. The way you guys have got Gnome2 looking is great.

I'm still amazed at how quick it is even on this hardware (I'm using an old Dell Optiplex 780 with 4gb RAM and it uses a early gen Pentium dual core) I have not even breached into the swap file as yet with the system, firefox and couple of programs open using under 3gb, compared to Windows that is a real wiff of fresh air lol.

Anyway, please try not to go to crazy with Mint 20, the look and feel are great now and besides it may not run on my system if you do lol.

In wrapping up, many thanks to all those contributing to the build of this edition, and keep up the good work :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Thank you to the Mint Mate team

Post by deepakdeshp »

You can keep using Mint 19 till 2023, as it is an LTS version and will be supported till April 2023
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
533tech

Post by 533tech »

I totally Agree! - I have used Mint Mate for a long time and have been getting frustrated for the last few years. Actually setup a different laptop on Manjaro.
I had to rebuild a Mint server and did not want to re-invent the wheel on a customer's computer so I loaded Mint Mate 19.

WOW! - I have never had so many smiles when installing, starting with Timeshift and pretty much every process I worked in.

I ONLY use Brother Printers because they are VERY Linux Friendly. I almost fell out of the chair when I started to load my first Brother Network Printer on the server and IT WAS ALREADY INSTALLED AND WORKING!!!!! MAJOR WOW! I DID NOT HAVE TO DO JACK ____ AND MY 2 NETWORK PRINTERS WERE OPERATIONAL :-)

Everything just seems much smoother. Thank you Very Very Much for a great job!
--
Ted
Red74

Post by Red74 »

Well said Ted, its good to know I'm not the only one :)

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”