Everything works fine except for LibreOffice

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lalincedeldeserto

Everything works fine except for LibreOffice

Post by lalincedeldeserto »

Hi!!!! :D :D :D :D
First I want to say, Linux Mint is my favourite distribution. It just works out of the box.
Then, when I use LibreOffice something goes wrong. Maybe it's irrelevant but, after selecting a tridimensional transition to apply on a slide, these don't work properly.
The only solution for me is to install LibreOffice Fresh from the official website.
Have you experienced the same problem? (that's not really a problem :lol: :lol: :lol: )
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Dougrrr
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Everything works fine except for LibreOffice

Post by Dougrrr »

I had given up on LibreOffice, Writer specifically. It kept crashing my whole LInux Mint OS. Then came version 6.1.3.2. It is better at not crashing my whole system. But it still happens. The last time I used it, I went to click on F7 to spell check the document and it happened again. That did it.

My current solution, because I have WINE 3.03 installed, was to install my copy of Microsoft Word 2007 on my system. This required a couple of tweaks but IT NEVER CRASHES. I used to used Word all the time at work. So, alas here I am using a M$ product and enjoying it. As old as this application is, it is more sophisticated than the current version of Writer. So, I am sticking with it. Oh the irony.
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Post by lsemmens »

Interesting that you are having problems with LibreOffice. I'm guessing the OP is using Impress, with which I have NO experience, Is this the ONLY problem?

As to problems with writer, that does surprise me as I have several documents that run to several hundred pages with a many customised styles and macros. Rarely do I encounter a problem with Writer and I'd be out of there like a flash if any of those documents got screwed up as they represent many hundreds of hours of hard work on my part.

My only gripe with LibreOffice is that Base is nowhere near as capable as Access as a database as it can't even set up basic relations properly.
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
lalincedeldeserto

lsemmens wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:57 am Interesting that you are having problems with LibreOffice. I'm guessing the OP is using Impress, with which I have NO experience, Is this the ONLY problem?

As to problems with writer, that does surprise me as I have several documents that run to several hundred pages with a many customised styles and macros. Rarely do I encounter a problem with Writer and I'd be out of there like a flash if any of those documents got screwed up as they represent many hundreds of hours of hard work on my part.

My only gripe with LibreOffice is that Base is nowhere near as capable as Access as a database as it can't even set up basic relations properly.
Excuse the ignorance... What is an OP? :lol: :D
lalincedeldeserto

Dougrrr wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:53 pm I had given up on LibreOffice, Writer specifically. It kept crashing my whole LInux Mint OS. Then came version 6.1.3.2. It is better at not crashing my whole system. But it still happens. The last time I used it, I went to click on F7 to spell check the document and it happened again. That did it.

My current solution, because I have WINE 3.03 installed, was to install my copy of Microsoft Word 2007 on my system. This required a couple of tweaks but IT NEVER CRASHES. I used to used Word all the time at work. So, alas here I am using a M$ product and enjoying it. As old as this application is, it is more sophisticated than the current version of Writer. So, I am sticking with it. Oh the irony.
You have faced a lot of problems with LibreOffice. :shock:
Did you install it from the official site? :D
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Post by lsemmens »

OP - Original Post.

@lalincedeldeserto
Is your problem only with Impress? If Writer or Calc I may be able to assist.

@Dougrr
I can try to help you but you would be better off starting another thread with your problem than "crashing" some one else. Answers and requests get confused all too easily.
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
lalincedeldeserto

lsemmens wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:41 am OP - Original Post.

@lalincedeldeserto
Is your problem only with Impress? If Writer or Calc I may be able to assist.

@Dougrr
I can try to help you but you would be better off starting another thread with your problem than "crashing" some one else. Answers and requests get confused all too easily.
@lsemmens
You are right :mrgreen: I didn't specify the OP was referring to Impress, I'm sorry :roll: :o
Thanks for replying :wink: :lol:
lexon

Post by lexon »

Not really sure how the OP installed LibreOffice but I installed it a few years ago after using OpenOffice for some years. LibreOffice has always worked ok for me but I do not mess with the software. Ex Windows user.
I also use LibreOffice in my W10 PC.

L
lexon

Post by lexon »

Something I have noticed about any Office App. Sometimes I delete all info but do not close the document. Kater when shutting down the PC the App ask me if I want to save a blank document? Duh.

L
dhaans

Post by dhaans »

lalincedeldeserto wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:56 am
lsemmens wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:57 am Interesting that you are having problems with LibreOffice. I'm guessing the OP is using Impress, with which I have NO experience, Is this the ONLY problem?

Excuse the ignorance... What is an OP? :lol: :D
OP=Original Poster.

It's a Reddit kinda thing.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”