MINT 19 and Internet speed.

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Zumerset Snr23+
Level 1
Level 1

MINT 19 and Internet speed.

Post by Zumerset Snr23+ »

I am still a newbie and started with Mint 18 last year. My only dissatisfactions so far have been my drop in Download speeds compared with Windows and losing the scanning capabilities from my Epson, all in one printer.
As time progressed I made the decision to clean install Mint 18.3. So backed up wiped and formatted, created new partitions and installed. Brilliant simple and no problems. However no increase in DOWNLOAD speeds. Strangely my upload speeds went up 100%. I should say at this point I have Fibre, supplied by TalkTalk with a contract Guarantee of Minimum 57MB download. I have never seen faster than 38MB. Several calls to Tech Support have been no help what so ever.
Two weeks ago for something to do I decided to try a USB boot for Mint 19. I was so impressed I bit the bullet and did a complete clean re-install. Everything went well and I was up and running within a couple of hours. It has taken me about 10 days to reinstall all the software, try out some new progs etc. and I now have a Laptop running, dare I say it perfectly.
But here are the reasons for my post.
1. My scanner works perfectly without any fuffing or tinkering at all.
2. Most importantly my internet speeds are now 59.7MB Download and 18.5 Upload.
This is with 2 computers, a smart TV, network printer and external IP Camera all connected. Fabulous OS, I now tell all who will listen (and some who don't) they should dump Windows and join the enlightened. So thank you, to all concerned, keep up the good work.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Re: MINT 19 and Internet speed.

Post by all41 »

Zumerset Snr23+ wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:39 pm I am still a newbie and started with Mint 18 last year. My only dissatisfactions so far have been my drop in Download speeds compared with Windows and losing the scanning capabilities from my Epson, all in one printer.
As time progressed I made the decision to clean install Mint 18.3. So backed up wiped and formatted, created new partitions and installed. Brilliant simple and no problems. However no increase in DOWNLOAD speeds. Strangely my upload speeds went up 100%. I should say at this point I have Fibre, supplied by TalkTalk with a contract Guarantee of Minimum 57MB download. I have never seen faster than 38MB. Several calls to Tech Support have been no help what so ever.
Two weeks ago for something to do I decided to try a USB boot for Mint 19. I was so impressed I bit the bullet and did a complete clean re-install. Everything went well and I was up and running within a couple of hours. It has taken me about 10 days to reinstall all the software, try out some new progs etc. and I now have a Laptop running, dare I say it perfectly.
But here are the reasons for my post.
1. My scanner works perfectly without any fuffing or tinkering at all.
2. Most importantly my internet speeds are now 59.7MB Download and 18.5 Upload.
This is with 2 computers, a smart TV, network printer and external IP Camera all connected. Fabulous OS, I now tell all who will listen (and some who don't) they should dump Windows and join the enlightened. So thank you, to all concerned, keep up the good work.
+1 on all this
Welcome to Mint and the forums
Enjoy
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”