<Solved> Firefox shuts down

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

<Solved> Firefox shuts down

Post by lsemmens »

I'm certain it's something I'm doing, but, for the life of me I cannot work out how.

Firstly, some background
I am sitting in a rocker recliner with a laptop on my knees and mouse on the right arm of the chair.

I just had a session with about 10 open tabs. I had to put my laptop down to go and do something. So far, so good. As I am about to sit down again I pick up laptop and grab the mouse to stop it sliding off the arm of the chair. Again, so far, so good.

Occasionally when I perform this task I might accidentally click a mouse button or two. Every now and then Firefox shuts down as I'm picking up the computer and mouse. Blowed if I can work out what combo I'm pressing to shut FF down.

Apart from the usual <Ctrl>Q, <Ctrl>W, <Alt>F4 key combos to shut down Firefox. Mouse is a generic 4button (left right, forward, backwards, scroll wheel) device and I can find no way to program those extra buttons, and that is not my desire. What else can shut down Firefox?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Firefox shuts down

Post by lsemmens »

I just worked it out, I think. Mouse cursor moves to top RH corner of screen and I accidentally click. I hope that is all it is, Time to be more careful if I can. :D

edit: I have also set preferences to warn me when shutting down more than one tab.
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”