Apology

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gomerpile

Apology

Post by gomerpile »

I have trolled Linux for long time, but yet have it installed and lately been using it even more. I am sry for those that I insulted during those years of trolling. :oops:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Apology

Post by Moem »

You've not trolled Linux. You've trolled people. :roll:

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
gomerpile

Post by gomerpile »

Yep most if the time the people trolled me well before I trolled them. Like the good book says, Love thy neighbour unless, if they are being a ar?sHole I will too.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Post by deepakdeshp »

gomerpile wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:58 pm I have trolled Linux for long time, but yet have it installed and lately been using it even more. I am sry for those that I insulted during those years of trolling. :oops:
Did you forget to say that you are finally loving Linux?
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
majpooper
Level 8
Level 8

Post by majpooper »

Not all trolling is created equal - there are the despicable personal attacks, which, thankfully you do not see much of that here so kudos to our Mods for that. Then there "spirited" disagreement and criticism of particular OS, DE apps etc. which is OK IMO, again as long as it does not get personal. I have a very good friend who is a Fedora/RHEL fan who does not think Debian/Ubuntu/Mint is fabulous like I do - problem is he does this stuff for a living so I really am no match in an debate concerning which is the better linux distro. And then I have friends who would never leave Windows and think linux is something for hobbyist and technophiles. Believe it or not I actually know someone who traded in a perfectly good laptop and bought a new one with Win10 rather than even look at linux - I simply could not even convince them even to take a look - I suppose a lot of that has to do with my lack of powers of persuasion, not that I try very hard - I offer and leave it at that - but they really like and feel comfortable with Windows despite all the security and performance issues linux users find unacceptable.
gomerpile

Post by gomerpile »

deepakdeshp wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:27 pm
gomerpile wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:58 pm I have trolled Linux for long time, but yet have it installed and lately been using it even more. I am sry for those that I insulted during those years of trolling. :oops:
Did you forget to say that you are finally loving Linux?
Yes I did forget I am loving linux, thank you very much for reminding me
Raycoupe
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Raycoupe »

gomerpile wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:09 pm Yep most if the time the people trolled me well before I trolled them. Like the good book says, Love thy neighbour unless, if they are being a ar?sHole I will too.
Don't be offended, but that's just unfamiliarity with computers in general, they all work the same. Early 80's PC's which you had to tweak with a soldering iron, IBM and Tandem mainframes, Windows, Apple or Linux computers/servers, smartphone or microwave oven, basic principals do apply in my experience with all of these examples.

I'm totally new at Linux destkops/servers myself, and find myself feeling handicapt at some times. Knowing what I want and what is needed, just not speaking the lingo. :oops:

Learning something new is a hassle, frightening even at some times when like me managing multiple collections of data (organisation, security, backups and availability by domain or internet).

Most helpfull as a guide to the principals of Linux for me is The Debian Administrators handbook, 500 pages, but very readable and explanation of all specific linux terminology. https://debian-handbook.info/get/now/
Hardware, operating systems, software and networking are are nothing else than necessary, cumbersome and easily replaceable evils to store and provide data. Triple backup your data at least, twice on-site, and another copy off-site.
Greencedar
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Greencedar »

Your apology is accepted with thanks and gratefulness.

And, as the Good Book says, let us forgive and move on to better things.

Looking forward to hearing some positive aspects of Linux.

:D
Greencedar

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”