Level 5
Level 5

Re: I'm out of patience.

Post by MurphCID » Thu May 02, 2019 8:19 pm

rene wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 6:44 am
MurphCID wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 6:25 am
If you have an issue with Mint, you should have tried it back in the "dark ages" where you were constantly told to "RTFM" any time you asked a question.
That's actually referred to as the golden age....
I don't know how "golden" it was since it ran me off from Linux for over a decade. But it might have been golden for some.

Shiratori
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Shiratori » Fri May 03, 2019 4:21 am

I think that's golden as in shower...

rene
Level 12
Level 12

Post by rene » Fri May 03, 2019 6:52 am

Hey, some people also quite enjoy those, and that's in fact somewhat of the point. Those that committed to Linux early on found a "social" environment in which their often natural tendencies for non-shallow science, hard facts, objective truths (and unfortunately some semi-religious notions in the Debian-sphere as well but we'll ignore those for a bit) were rule rather than the very rare exception they were and are in all of the rest of human society. You either could and did, can and do, and were, are respected for it, or you could not and did not, can not and do not, and got, get to pee off until you could, can and did, do.

I.e, far be it from me to directly compare say kernel development to being urinated on but it's still the case that one should not readily dismiss "those who are other" as eventual use of that which they could and did by everyone on this forum kindly demonstrates.

MurphCID
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MurphCID » Fri May 03, 2019 1:41 pm

Shiratori wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 4:21 am
I think that's golden as in shower...
Yuck. Really Yuck.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”