[Closed] Is Mint dead?

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
HonorisCreed
Level 1
Level 1

[Closed] Is Mint dead?

Post by HonorisCreed »

I'm starting to think whether installing Mint was a mistake. Your website is from the 90s, everything is outdated, there are so many bugs & it feels like they aren't going to be fixed. In order to register you need to get a key from a chat room...... That's... Very... Unprofessional... The passwords requirements are annoying, just tell me that the password is weak & suggest that I use different keys, I'm not the president of US I don't need a 10 digit password with a capital letter, non-capital letter, number & a symbol... I have to resize an image to 100x100 pixels for it to work as an avatar. In order to embed (can't even upload) any screenshot here, the image has to be 480 pixels high. This isn't 1998 people. Someone said that a website overhaul is in progress, I hope that's true...
Last edited by HonorisCreed on Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Is Minx dead?

Post by altair4 »

You're Welcome.
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.

catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

HonorisCreed wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:15 am
I'm starting to think whether installing Mint was a mistake. Your website is from the 90s, everything is outdated, there are so many bugs & it feels like they aren't going to be fixed. In order to register you need to get a key from a chat room...... That's... Very... Unprofessional... The passwords requirements are annoying, just tell me that the password is weak & suggest that I use different keys, I'm not the president of US I don't need a 10 digit password with a capital letter, non-capital letter, number & a symbol... I have to resize an image to 100x100 pixels for it to work as an avatar. In order to embed (can't even upload) any screenshot here, the image has to be 480 pixels high. This isn't 1998 people. Someone said that a website overhaul is in progress, I hope that's true...
So, how much have you donated to Mint in order to help alleviate those issues that bug you so much?
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.

Moem
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Moem »

HonorisCreed wrote:
I'm starting to think whether installing Mint was a mistake. Your website is from the 90s, everything is outdated, there are so many bugs & it feels like they aren't going to be fixed.
The website and the OS are very different things. I would not base my opinion about one of them on my opinion about the other.
In order to register you need to get a key from a chat room......
To register for the Mint Community. A very optional thing. The key requirement does, however, keep spammers out.
The passwords requirements are annoying, just tell me that the password is weak & suggest that I use different keys, I'm not the president of US I don't need a 10 digit password with a capital letter, non-capital letter, number & a symbol...
Ah, now we're talking about the forum, okay. Yes, that's a rather strict and somewhat clumsy requirement, I agree. On the other hand, you made it... you and hundreds of others, every month.
I have to resize an image to 100x100 pixels for it to work as an avatar.
And upload it somewhere. That's correct.
In order to embed (can't even upload) any screenshot here, the image has to be 480 pixels high.
Neither of these are true. I can attach (upload) an image, and I can also embed a large image which will be shown as a thumbnail. And if you ask, I'm sure people will be happy to explain how. Welcome to Mint and to the forum!

Oh, and by the way, the answer is no.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

HonorisCreed
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Is Mint dead?

Post by HonorisCreed »

Right, and all of your responses are emotional & not the least bit logical. I have an argument for everything you wrote, but I know where this will lead, I will write it, you will make up excuses & we'll be in a loop until you decided I offended you & ban me. So just to jump onto the part where I offend you & you ban me. 'rainbows you'.

catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

HonorisCreed wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:01 am
Right, and all of your responses are emotional & not the least bit logical. I have an argument for everything you wrote, but I know where this will lead, I will write it, you will make up excuses & we'll be in a loop until you decided I offended you & ban me. So just to jump onto the part where I offend you & you ban me. 'rainbows you'.
If there was emotion in my reply, you put it there with wild, unfounded assumptions. As for where it will lead, the moderators will decide that.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.

bodhin
Level 2
Level 2

Post by bodhin »

Whoa! That's nasty!

HonorisCreed
Level 1
Level 1

Post by HonorisCreed »

I know, rainbows are pretty tough.

Moem
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Moem »

So what exactly was your point in going through the hardship of joining this forum? Boring day, was it? :wink:

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

HonorisCreed
Level 1
Level 1

Post by HonorisCreed »

Moem wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:31 am
So what exactly was your point in going through the hardship of joining this forum? Boring day, was it? :wink:
Nah, I wanted to complain about Linux Mint's official email 'not existing'. But the thread was not approved so I summed up some of the issues I found in here. Though I guess it's kind of pointless.

Moem
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Moem »

Well, see? Yet another thing we agree on!

HonorisCreed
Level 1
Level 1

Post by HonorisCreed »

So what exactly was your point in going through the hardship of replying to this pointless thread? Boring day, was it? :wink:

Sorry, couldn't help it. 8)

Hoser Rob
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Hoser Rob »

HonorisCreed wrote:
I've seen a lot of dumb newbie rants in my time, you're heading for the top of the list.

Moem
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Moem »

Which hardship exactly? If I found reading or replying in this forum hard, I'd hardly have become a moderator, now wouldn't I? In fact, I find it quite easy... here's a nice pic to show you how easy it is to post pictures here. There, that really brightens up a dreary topic!

Flemur
Level 18
Level 18

Post by Flemur »

HonorisCreed wrote:
Right, and all of your responses are emotional & not the least bit logical.
You make Baby Flemur sad. :(
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?

mediclaser
Level 4
Level 4

Post by mediclaser »

HonorisCreed wrote:
I'm starting to think whether installing Mint was a mistake. Your website is from the 90s, everything is outdated, there are so many bugs & it feels like they aren't going to be fixed. In order to register you need to get a key from a chat room...... That's... Very... Unprofessional... The passwords requirements are annoying, just tell me that the password is weak & suggest that I use different keys, I'm not the president of US I don't need a 10 digit password with a capital letter, non-capital letter, number & a symbol...
So, you didn't like how the website made it a little harder for you to create a troll post?
HonorisCreed wrote:
I have to resize an image to 100x100 pixels for it to work as an avatar. In order to embed (can't even upload) any screenshot here, the image has to be 480 pixels high. This isn't 1998 people. Someone said that a website overhaul is in progress, I hope that's true...
I'm starting to think you are not a newbie here. You seem to know more than I do about the Mint website. What is your other handle/call sign? I mean the one you have been using before creating this new user account. :twisted:
If you're looking for a greener Linux pasture, you won't find any that is greener than Linux Mint. ;)

DAMIEN1307
Level 9
Level 9

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

hi mediclaser...you were reading my mind...my thoughts exactly...amazing for a "newcomer" thats just joined the forums as of today...DAMIEN
ORDO AB CHAO

bodhin
Level 2
Level 2

Post by bodhin »

troll - hope they lock it or remove the thread. maybe xenopeek will see this.

8 ball
Level 1
Level 1

Post by 8 ball »

I have an argument for everything you wrote, but I know where this will lead, I will write it, you will make up excuses & we'll be in a loop until you decided I offended you & ban me.
Haha... the ego on this kid. Look clearly you've figured out Mint isn't worthy of a man of your intellect so why not go try BSD or Plan 9.

deepakdeshp
Level 17
Level 17

Post by deepakdeshp »

Mint is very much alive and kicking.
https://www.quora.com/Why-is-Linux-Mint ... han-Ubuntu
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help, and keeps the forum clean.
Regards,
Deepak

I am using Mint 19.3 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A8/7410 processor . Memory 8GB

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”