[Closed] Is Mint dead?

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Is Mint dead?

Post by deepakdeshp »

HonorisCreed wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:15 am I'm starting to think whether installing Mint was a mistake. Your website is from the 90s, everything is outdated, there are so many bugs & it feels like they aren't going to be fixed. In order to register you need to get a key from a chat room...... That's... Very... Unprofessional... The passwords requirements are annoying, just tell me that the password is weak & suggest that I use different keys, I'm not the president of US I don't need a 10 digit password with a capital letter, non-capital letter, number & a symbol... I have to resize an image to 100x100 pixels for it to work as an avatar. In order to embed (can't even upload) any screenshot here, the image has to be 480 pixels high. This isn't 1998 people. Someone said that a website overhaul is in progress, I hope that's true...
That's a lot of opinion about the site. You entitle to have it. But Mint as a distro is one fine product.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
bob466
Level 6
Level 6

Post by bob466 »

Not another Microsoft Employee Image

Just goes to show how good Linux Mint really is that they go to all the trouble to join the Forum just to bash Mint Image
Linux For Ever...Windows Never. Image
The Freedom To Choose Your Own Avatar Without Victimisation.
HonorisCreed

Post by HonorisCreed »

Whatever floats your boats.
HonorisCreed

Re: Is Minx dead?

Post by HonorisCreed »

catweazel wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:05 am So, how much have you donated to Mint in order to help alleviate those issues that bug you so much?
You enlighten me, fisherman. At first, I haven't thought much of your response but, after a while, I realized what you implied.
Most operative systems aren't free & that's why they can sustain the updates they have with ease, I don't see how Mint is earning its keep.

I may not agree with the replies in this thread, but I see now that my tirade was senseless.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Is Minx dead?

Post by catweazel »

HonorisCreed wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:50 am
catweazel wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:05 am So, how much have you donated to Mint in order to help alleviate those issues that bug you so much?
You enlighten me, fisherman. At first, I haven't thought much of your response but, after a while, I realized what you implied.
Most operative systems aren't free & that's why they can sustain the updates they have with ease, I don't see how Mint is earning its keep.
:)
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”