Tina, I love you !

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
carum carvi

Tina, I love you !

Post by carum carvi »

Just installed Tina. The newest. "Simply the best", as Tina Turner would love to sing. And I love Tina!

The best thing about Tina is the contrast. Fonts are sharper, everything is more easily readable.

The next best thing for me is the fact that Tina has the least errors ever in my logfiles, dating back to the beginning of LM18. Only 1 "important" error message, about pulse audio, which only has a level 3 priority.

Tina installed flawlessly. Works flawlessly. Nice to have the newest and shiniest LinuxMint OS on the planet :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gm10

Re: Tina, I love you !

Post by gm10 »

carum carvi wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:16 pm The best thing about Tina is the contrast. Fonts are sharper, everything is more easily readable.
Haha, good for you, who knows what might have happened otherwise:
clem-contrast-2019-03-08.png
:lol: :twisted:
carum carvi

Post by carum carvi »

HI, hi, that's hilarious! :D :) :( :o
absque fenestris
Level 12
Level 12

Post by absque fenestris »

The best thing from Tina for me is still River Deep, Mountain High...
Well, yes! I was about 11 years old and fed a Wurlitzer with coins without a break - at an otherwise boring family party...
Unfortunately, my stupid 2009 MacBook with the live DVD doesn't recognize the WiFi adapter anymore - 2 months ago it was no problem.
I have to go to an Ethernet station - can be done, but is annoying...
carum carvi

Post by carum carvi »

That is a great song! Powerful! Kicking my butt! Man oh man what a power that song has got! What' s that all about absque fenestris, it is too much trouble to buy a simple ethernet cable? I dont understand. Wired internet at my home has got twice the speed of Wifi. And why does ethernet or NO ethernet matter in relation to listening to that hard rocking Tina Turner song? I am gonna listen to it on youtube right now! :D :D :D Thanks for that tip Absque, what a terrific song!
absque fenestris
Level 12
Level 12

In my home there is no Ethernet connection. I'll skip the reasons now.
My connection to the world is a mediocre Android phone with tethering and so on, but it doesn't want to.
My much stupider 2009 Acer netbook doesn't do so princess... :mrgreen:
carum carvi

Post by carum carvi »

That' s bad Absque. I have the slowest internet connection, but it is still provided via an ethernet cable, which means it is still twice as fast my Wifi connection.

Now I understand your situation Absque. I hope your phone does provide you with a rocking good connection to listen to Tina Turner. :D Thanks again though for mentioning that Tina Turner song though, my neighbours are enjoying it as well :D
absque fenestris
Level 12
Level 12

Apart from that: River Deep... is really a class of its own.
Hey Joe from Jimmy is about the same... Cold shiver down your back - and that for more or less 50 years... :mrgreen:
carum carvi

Post by carum carvi »

absque fenestris wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:09 pm Hey Joe from Jimmy is about the same... Cold shiver down your back - and that for more or less 50 years... :mrgreen:
You have got great TASTE Absque! Jimi ROCKS!
absque fenestris
Level 12
Level 12

Maybe older vintages are wrapped differently... and maybe younger ones can be animated - I don't know...!
Anyway, I can listen to these tracks on vinyl - without DRM restrictions. What may be completely unknown to younger music listeners... :mrgreen:

By the way: my 3.5 year old, not so expensive phone is absolutely innocent. It does its job - the Acer works with it - the MacBook does stupid and the phone itself has no trouble with internet connections...
Rocky Bennett
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Rocky Bennett »

I updated my 12 year old laptop to Tina using the old built in wi-fi system. The whole update took less than 10 minutes and so far everything seems to be working good.
carum carvi

Post by carum carvi »

Rocky Bennett wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:17 pm I updated my 12 year old laptop to Tina using the old built in wi-fi system. The whole update took less than 10 minutes and so far everything seems to be working good.
12 years old! I thought my desktop computer was setting records for still performing well, but your laptop shows there is no age limit to still remain alive and kicking. I had a smooth install as well at my 10 year old desktop. I feared the worst, but I got the smallest amount of logfile errors ever: only one error. That is very little. I had many more errors in previous installations : 18/18.1/18.2/18.3/19/19.1 all had many more errors during the first install. And now I have got a smooth FIRST Tina install, with only 1 minor pulse audio error.
Last edited by carum carvi on Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Portreve »

I've been enjoying 19.2 so far as well, though where additional user-facing changes are concerned, I have yet to personally notice or experience anything significant.
Flying this flag in support of freedom 🇺🇦

Recommended keyboard layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)

Podcasts: Linux Unplugged, Destination Linux

Also check out Thor Hartmannsson's Linux Tips YouTube Channel
carum carvi

Post by carum carvi »

We didnt just land on the moon for the first time. It isnt that kind of experience. But as far as new installs of a new OS is concerned Tina has been a smooth sailing experience so far. Just to be able to say that everything works flawlessly is a big PLUS!
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

carum carvi wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:16 pm The best thing about Tina is the contrast. Fonts are sharper, everything is more easily readable.
Clear and crisp. I'm lovin' it, too.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Inundated
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Inundated »

I will add to the love here.

The move from Tessa to Tina has been great. The performance improvement alone is amazing...it feels like a computer upgrade on both my laptop and desktop! (And 19.1 wasn't exactly a slowpoke on these machines.)

I guess I'm not noticing the font improvements, though I wasn't really complaining before.
LAPTOP: HP - Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon via SSD with Windows 11 on hardware
DESKTOP: Lenovo ThinkCentre M83 SFF- Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon (on hold for now)
Shiratori
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Shiratori »

All good so far on my T430. Had a minor issue initially where Cinnamon would throw an error on login due to an extension (Desktop Cube) not being compatible but once I removed that extension it's been fine. :)
PhilippeH
Level 2
Level 2

Post by PhilippeH »

carum carvi wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:16 pm Tina installed flawlessly. Works flawlessly. Nice to have the newest and shiniest LinuxMint OS on the planet :D
Same here, not a full install but an update from Tessa. Took me only a few minutes. Works flawlessly.

Happy Tina, she is going to be loved by a lot of people ;)
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Post by lsemmens »

I had no idea that there was a Tina. Will it install as part of the regular update cycle? Running Update Manager in the background now.

IGNORE THAT I JUST FOUND CLEM'S THREAD! :D
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
Inundated
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Inundated »

Silly me, I was comparing the fonts within Chrome, not the system fonts. :)

I do notice the improvement in the system font rendering.

The upgrade from Tessa was painless and seamless.
LAPTOP: HP - Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon via SSD with Windows 11 on hardware
DESKTOP: Lenovo ThinkCentre M83 SFF- Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon (on hold for now)

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”