nicely done upgrade path to 19.2 from 19.1

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
oldgranola
Level 4
Level 4

nicely done upgrade path to 19.2 from 19.1

Post by oldgranola » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:12 pm

Well that ways easy via update manager. Dev's put some time into that me thinks not just for doing it GUI but the whole CL process which that hooks to. I did make sure to first fix broken dependencies, got rid of dead PPA's and be as up-to date as possible before starting but how nice. Thank you. I had found great improvement between 19.0 clean install and upgrade to 19.1 right off the bat in terms of feel/snappiness. Since that worked so well, few complaints, I suspect this will be more incremental. Looking forward to digging into advertised networking improvements tho. Cheers
comadore, pcDOS, hpux, solaris, vms-vax ....blah blah blah..
Yet I'm still a fn nooob

Minux1
Level 2
Level 2

Re: nicely done upgrade path to 19.2 from 19.1

Post by Minux1 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:32 pm

My old ¨lamer¨ of a AOA150 (1.6 GHz 32 bit CPU, 1.5 GB RAM) migrated effortlessly and without mishap from v19.1 to v19.2 courtesy of the link in the update editor. Being a Linux novice & ¨dummy" I no doubt would have been SOL if the transformation process had turned sour. Version 19.2 doing quite nicely as a web surfer and emailer and I get 8 hrs from the netbook without a plug in This is for recreational computing while sipping coffee at Tim Horton´s. I leave the work related computing with ¨heavier¨ software to my ¨muscle machines¨.
It´s all about choosing the right tool for the right job.

Portreve
Level 8
Level 8

Re: nicely done upgrade path to 19.2 from 19.1

Post by Portreve » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:45 pm

Initially, I installed 19.2 as a fully clean install. It was not an absolutely 100% smooth, flawless process, which is the first time I've experienced this with LM. I also found Cinnamon would crash (well, freeze up) sometimes, also another first for me.

I nuke-n-paved and reinstalled 19.1, then waited a couple weeks, and the other day did an in-place upgrade to 19.2. So far, it's been smooth sailing.

I have also (this is unrelated to the thread) installed the Flatpack of LO 6.3, and it's working very solidly.

Hopefully there will be no further issues.
I'm so down wit' dat', yo, dass ich unter dem Beton bin.

Presently rocking LinuxMint 19.2 Cinnamon.

Remember to mark your fixed problem [SOLVED].

All in all, you're just another brick in the wall.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”