Linux Mint 19.2 shutdown delay.

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sujith

Linux Mint 19.2 shutdown delay.

Post by sujith »

After the release of Linux Mint 19.2 I have upgraded my Laptop from Mint 19.1 to Mint 19.2. After 3 days I have also upgraded Desktop at my office. All have gone well. Appreciable hard-work by Linux Mint team. But after some usage it has been detected following issues.
1- Unexpected shutsdown lag.
2- When adding icons to or removing icons from Favourite bar the whole Mint menu disappears though the execution of the task do happens. The menu have to be reopened to see the changes.

These are observed from two separate PCs with entirely different hardware configuration.

Thanks with Regards.
Best wishes and good luck to all the Linux Mint team supporters. :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
but-it-does-move
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Linux Mint 19.2 shutdown delay.

Post by but-it-does-move »

I'm also experiencing a long, slow shutdown after Mint 19.2 upgrade on 1 of 2 machines. New machine works fine after upgrade but old, 3rd gen CPU machine shuts down very slowly even though Mint is on an SSD.
Minux1
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Minux1 »

My installation of LM 19.1 XFCE is running fine on a marginal legacy laptop (Acer Aspire One AOA150 32 bit).
The system requirements for 19.1 cite 1.0 GB RAM minimum and 2+ GB RAM as ideal.
I have augmented the RAM on my little laptop to 1.5 GB which is the design maximum.
That is all the RAM the AOA150 will see´.
I will read the reviews on here and wait until the jury is in on LM 19.2 particularly in regards to RAM usage as compared to LM 19.1.
GELvdH
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GELvdH »

I also experience the shut down delay, in addition I have the following problem with 19.2. I am running A VIZIO 22" monitor desktop and a 14" Laptop, both are running at a resolution of 1368 x 768 and the fonts are increased to 1.3. Under 19.1 I ran LibreOffice with no problems on both systems but now with 19.2 when I bring up LO it shows up only on 2/3 of the screen and the top right hand corner has only the '-' sign and the close 'green x' sign, no expand/decrease symbol. When I change the resolution to 1920 x 1080 I get a complete display with all of the symbols at the top right corner. Apparently there is a bug in the 19.2 version with the display drivers.
rambo919
Level 5
Level 5

Post by rambo919 »

There was one bug I picked up.... my 17" secondary CRT displayed at 1080p of all things and any attempt to change the resolution resulted in no signal. After I installed the nvidia proprietary drivers this went away.
BigEasy
Level 6
Level 6

Post by BigEasy »

I have 3 LM 19.2 installed onto 3 different PC with very different hardware. No delay. All 3 shutdowns in 5 seconds.
Windows assumes I'm stupid but Linux demands proof of it
GELvdH
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GELvdH »

OK, the slowdown on shutting down seems to have dissapeared but the shrinking of LibreOffice is still there under 1358 x 768 resolution.

Where is the forum or web site to report problems?
GELvdH
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GELvdH »

Found the problem, when you set the Font setting - Font scaling factor to greater than 1.2 the display becomes too large for the monitors and laps around?
Minux1
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Minux1 »

If anything my AOA150 netbook shut down faster after migration from v19.1 to v19.2.
No issues whatsoever.
The whole o/s seems crisper and faster.
Essentially I entered the Linux game wanting a modern o/s that would host VLC Player.
I can now see that the Linux world is so much more.
I spent years on W7 and LM feels like familiar territory.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”