19.2 rules on my laptop!

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
handsomegenius
Level 1
Level 1

19.2 rules on my laptop!

Post by handsomegenius » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:57 am

Ok, so I've genuinely been very happy with Linux on the desktop generally, and with Linux Mint specifically.

But I think I have to declare 19.2 with Cinnamon to be especially righteous.

I've recently arrived in a new apartment, where I'm working remotely for a while.. and after hacking away at some projects, I thought to myself "hmm, I've had this laptop running a while". So I ran the uptime command and, lo and behold, it's been 10 days. It's all still zipping along as though I'd just booted.

I mean, I realise there are servers out there that go years between reboots. But my experience with laptops.. well, with Windows 10, if you left it on overnight, it would be very sluggish the next day. Ubuntu Studio 18.10 was lightning fast when it first loaded, but there was a memory leak I could never fix, and you would end up with something basically non responsive if it was left on for a few days. With Mint 19.1, the desktop environment seemed to tick over alright, but if I left the browser or the word processor open for days, those programs could lag.

With 19.2, it's still snappy and responsive like nothing else. I've had Firefox, GIMP projects and LibreOffice open simultaneously for days at a time and it's all smooth sailing.

Awesome.

cecilieaux
Level 5
Level 5

Re: 19.2 rules on my laptop!

Post by cecilieaux » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:19 am

I have found the same in both my laptop and my desktop. It is a real speed improvement!!!
Every time I think I'm past newbiedom something like this happens.
Linux Mint 19.2 Tina 64-bit

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”