When will this forum site get a new modern design?

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
ZakGordon
Level 5
Level 5

Re: When will this forum site get a new modern design?

Post by ZakGordon »

(copy/pasted from the 'other' change for change sakes thread!)

[yawns]If you don't like the defaults change them, Linux (not just mint) is good like that, so go do some research and make the desktop of your dreams.[/yawn] :)

Not 'exactly' the same, but if your clever you can probably mess around with html or some such to force the forum to display as you prefer ;)
Laptop overheating? Check link here:itsfoss guide . A move from Cinnamon to XFCE can give a -5 to -10 degrees C change on overheating hardware.

Build a modern dual-boot Ryzen Win7/Linux Mint PC:Tutorial

deepakdeshp
Level 17
Level 17

Post by deepakdeshp »

Forum uses phpbb bulletin board . You have to study that,any setting changes you make would be applicable only to you. Only the phpbb admin will be able to make system wide changes.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help, and keeps the forum clean.
Regards,
Deepak

I am using Mint 19.3 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A8/7410 processor . Memory 8GB

Viper45
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Viper45 »

I understand it works for those who understand it, but as a new user I can't find my own posts. :oops: Maybe a link to find your own posts to see if there are replies?

karlchen
Level 21
Level 21

Post by karlchen »

Viper45 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 12:08 pm
I understand it works for those who understand it, but as a new user I can't find my own posts. :oops: Maybe a link to find your own posts to see if there are replies?
Upper left hand corner of the forum webpage, Quick Links => Your Posts
Linux Mint 19.2 64-bit Cinnamon, Total Commander 9.22a 64-bit
Haß gleicht einer Krankheit, dem Miserere, wo man vorne herausgibt, was eigentlich hinten wegsollte. (Goethe)

GS3
Level 6
Level 6

Post by GS3 »

Viper45 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 12:08 pm
search.php?author_id=276571&sr=posts

One thing I would like to see is the beginning of the OP when I mouseover the thread title in the forum list. This is very useful always but especially when some dimwit titles his thread "please help me" or "Why this?".

Other than that I see no need of change for the sake of change. Some people like change for the sake of change. Not me.
HP Compaq Elite 8300 CMT - Linux Mint 18.2 Sonya - Kernel 4.4.0-171-generic x86_64 - Cinnamon 3.4.4 - Nemo
HP Compaq Elite 8300 CMT - Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia - Kernel 5.3.0-51-generic x86_64 - Cinnamon 4.4.8 - Nvidia GF108

Portreve
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Portreve »

When I encounter "Help me" titled-type threads, I generally ignore them.
Please remember to mark your fixed problem [SOLVED].

Running Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.0.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
— Voltaire

powerhouse
Level 6
Level 6

Post by powerhouse »

Don't change the forum layout. It works well.
Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro, AMD Ryzen 3900X CPU, 2x32GB Corsair DDR4, water cooler, GTX 970 + Quadro 2000 GPU, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Samsung 500GB + 1TB NVMe + Samsung Evo 1TB SSD + 4 HDD, Corsair 500R, SeaSonic 660W Gold X PS https://heiko-sieger.info

matrovska
Level 3
Level 3

Post by matrovska »

absque fenestris wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:41 pm
I think what's happening here is called "trolling" - the triggering troll hasn't reported in any case...
The user who created the theme (Dec 12, 2019) and has only one post.

The topic is 6 pages long today.
Interesting to analyze the behavior of the human being and how questions are triggered and then not participate in them
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon. Lenovo thinkpad T460

Schultz
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Schultz »

When will this forum site get a new modern design?
Whenever I see the word "modern," especially in a context like this, I throw up. 🤮

GS3
Level 6
Level 6

Post by GS3 »

matrovska wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:30 am
The topic is 6 pages long today.
It's called the Law of Triviality. The more trivial the topic the more time and effort will be spent on it.
Parkinson's law of triviality is C. Northcote Parkinson's 1957 argument that members of an organization give disproportionate weight to trivial issues.[1] Parkinson provides the example of a fictional committee whose job was to approve the plans for a nuclear power plant spending the majority of its time on discussions about relatively minor but easy-to-grasp issues, such as what materials to use for the staff bike shed, while neglecting the proposed design of the plant itself, which is far more important and a far more difficult and complex task.
Everybody can have an opinion on whether a LM "classic green" logo should be replaced by a "modern green" logo.

On the other hand, a discussion regarding whether the classic kernel architecture should be replaced by the newer "palm architecture" is going to attract few people because it is a complex topic which requires knowledge and study. Easier to discuss logo colors.
HP Compaq Elite 8300 CMT - Linux Mint 18.2 Sonya - Kernel 4.4.0-171-generic x86_64 - Cinnamon 3.4.4 - Nemo
HP Compaq Elite 8300 CMT - Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia - Kernel 5.3.0-51-generic x86_64 - Cinnamon 4.4.8 - Nvidia GF108

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”