RING Security Doorbell

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
CoffeeFiend

Re: RING Security Doorbell

Post by CoffeeFiend »

Not sure about the question from OP. But I will say that I have a RING doorbell. None of the cameras inside my house, just the doorbell. I like it for the most part, but it can be a bit moody. When I first installed it, I had to adjust the sensitivity of the motion sensor a couple of times because of how close my house is to the road. Every single vehicle that drove by would be picked up by the motion sensor and I would get an alert on my phone. It got annoying, but I finally managed to get the sensitivity set to where only large vehicles like the garbage truck or the FedEx or UPS sized delivery trucks would set it off. And then there are also times where I will leave my house, walk out the front door right in front of the camera and then not get the motion alert until a few minutes later. So in a real scenario with a porch pirate, I might not even know about it until it is too late for me to turn the speaker on and yell at them! Thankfully, I've never had that situation happen, knock on wood.
golddigger

Re: RING Security Doorbell

Post by golddigger »

DAMIEN1307 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:34 am I think i would be contacting Ring Customer Support for this question...Dont be suprised to have them say they do not currently support Linux based systems...DAMIEN
I think that was the best answer to your question
The concerns regarding security were merely because people left the default username and password in place, and as such were easily
spied upon. I am sure these were only people who never had a clue about what a manual is or how to read one.
Nothing to add really except, ignore the people complaining about lack of security. It only applies if you dont throughly read the manual.
good luck with getting an answer regarding Linux, I hope you do

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”