Linux Mint 19.3 is available to download

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
silfox2000
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint 19.3 is available to download

Post by silfox2000 »

It is already available for some mirrors. Just need to choose your mirror and browse to the stable releases folder:

http://ftp.acc.umu.se/mirror/linuxmint. ... able/19.3/
Portreve
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Linux Mint 19.3 is available to download

Post by Portreve »

silfox2000 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:50 pm
It is already available for some mirrors. Just need to choose your mirror and browse to the stable releases folder:

http://ftp.acc.umu.se/mirror/linuxmint. ... able/19.3/
Dankeschön, silfox2000.
Your intermittently humble Portreve.

Recommended Keyboard Layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)
karlchen
Level 21
Level 21

Post by karlchen »

Hi, silfox2000.
silfox2000 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:50 pm
It is already available for some mirrors.
As long a Clem has not posted the corresponding announcements here: Releases & Announcements
nothing is official and nothing is officially available.

So, please, wait for the Mint developer team to finish all steps required to make the Mint 19.3 ISO image files available to the public. Deploying to all official mirrors takes some time.
So, please, wait for Clem to publish the official announcements:
+ Linux Mint 19.3 “Tricia” Cinnamon released!
+ Linux Mint 19.3 “Tricia” Mate released!
+ Linux Mint 19.3 “Tricia” xfce released!

There will be no presents before Christmas Eve. :wink:

Karl
Linux Mint 19.3 64-bit Cinnamon, Total Commander 9.51 64-bit
Good Company
Moem
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Moem »

But some people can't resist shaking the box... :wink:

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
DAMIEN1307
Level 11
Level 11

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

NOW you have the official release posted from Clem and Company...DAMIEN
So, please, wait for Clem to publish the official announcements:

There will be no presents before Christmas Eve
Presents arrived early.

EDIT...For U.S. mirror user, especially on the East Coast, "MetroCast Cablevision" mirror still works but they were bought out some time back by "Atlantic Broadband" and the new "brand" name just hasnt made it as far as renaming the mirror as of yet, just in case your looking for that name and didnt know they are one in the same.

Also, i dont know about elsewhere in the world but "Evowise" just sucks here in the U.S. as a mirror that is always problematic..."caveat emptor"
Last edited by DAMIEN1307 on Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:06 am, edited 4 times in total.
ORDO AB CHAO
"I refuse to be assimilated, I refuse to become one with the Borg Collective"
ColdBootII
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ColdBootII »

First impression after upgrade, Redshift stopped working. All of a sudden it doesn't "know" what brightness is for.

karlchen
Level 21
Level 21

Post by karlchen »

Clem has made available the Christmas presents one week early. Santa will not be amused! :cry:
Stop waiting; Clem has published the official announcements today:
Get your presents now. By Christmas Eve we may have run out of stock.
Linux Mint 19.3 64-bit Cinnamon, Total Commander 9.51 64-bit
Good Company
ColdBootII
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ColdBootII »

...also no Network Manager icon in system tray. I forgot to mention, both pertain to Mate Tricia. The upgrade is not as seamless as 19.1->19.2 was.

Edit: reverted back to 19.2 and running timeshift -v -o displays the same error as above, but it is working and showing the tray icon.
Hugh Neutron
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Hugh Neutron »

I'm making a time shift back up now then heading straight for the update button!
always wanting to learn more about Linux. It saved me from the Windows 10 telemetry and SAAS nightmare.
OveS
Level 3
Level 3

Post by OveS »

ColdBootII wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:59 am
First impression after upgrade, Redshift stopped working. All of a sudden it doesn't "know" what brightness is for.
Upgrade went without issues, but Redshift stopped working here too. Did 'apt remove redshift redshift-gtk' and then 'apt install redshift-gtk'.
Now it seems to work but I have no icon in the panel. The Redshift applet is downloaded and installed.

Edit: after another reboot Redshift does not work and there's no icon.
--
Ideapad 530S-14ARR - Linux Mint 20.1 Cinnamon
MacBook Air M1 - macOS 11.3
germanix
Level 3
Level 3

Post by germanix »

I upgraded two machines from 19.2 to 19.3. The upgrade went OK but i was surprised to find that after the upgrade wich newly installed Celluloid and Drawing as expected, both Gimp and Xplayer was also still installed. I was under the impression that these apps would be removed automatically, but I had to then de-install it by hand. No big deal, just not expected.

All seems to work well apart from no Dropbox integration with Nemo File manager. (no Dropbox folder appears in Nemo). Tried new install but no luck. Then I expected that the active kernel would be 5.0, but the old kernel 4.* was still the active kernel after the install and restart, so if you want the 5.0 you have to install it in the update manager.

Sounds like I am complaining but I am actually very happy with this release. Thank you to all who worked on it. It is a nice Xmas present that I appreciate. Than you all!
a man without religion is like a fish without a bicycle.
DAMIEN1307
Level 11
Level 11

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

Hi germanix, the things you mentioned would have happened on a fresh, new install, but "upgrade" install retains what you already had for the most part...DAMIEN
ORDO AB CHAO
"I refuse to be assimilated, I refuse to become one with the Borg Collective"
ColdBootII
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ColdBootII »

OveS wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:06 pm
ColdBootII wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:59 am
Upgrade went without issues, but Redshift stopped working here too. Did 'apt remove redshift redshift-gtk' and then 'apt install redshift-gtk'.
Now it seems to work but I have no icon in the panel. The Redshift applet is downloaded and installed.

Edit: after another reboot Redshift does not work and there's no icon.
Looking back it could be connected with XAppStatusIcon applet. I didn't bother looking at available applets, maybe that would resolve the issue when doing upgrade. Will try and report back...
ColdBootII
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ColdBootII »

Nope, no luck with yet another attempt. If I reset panel tray (indicator applet) is completely lost and I couldn't add anew Indicator applet or Indicator applet complete back on. And, as mentioned, Redshift not working...

Qurcus
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Qurcus »

I did a clean install last night and haven't had any problems at all. Redshift works fine for me even though i didn't use it before because it caused problems with my system. I use Linux Mint on my TV in a multimedia role - gaming, YouTube, DVD shows, and all computer applications (including editing). I noticed the screen colours are more vibrant and the screen is brighter. I was having problem playing a old video game because the lighting in the game was all messed up. That problem is currently not present. Is brightness/gamma a kernel thing ? Don't know but the game looks great right now.

I believe compiz can mess with redshift depending on how you have it set. I love wobbly windows so i didn't use redshift in the past. However it is working with the way i have compiz set up right now. You may want to try changing desktop setting windows manager to see that makes it start working.
ColdBootII
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ColdBootII »

^Yes, that's possible, except it doesn't explain why Network Manager's applet is missing too.

I got used to Compiz and the way it lets me do things so I find the thought of switching to Marco, unattractive. Anyways, the list of changes to Mate release is not that tempting to make me think of a clean install.
Portreve
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Portreve »

I've had it installed and up and running since the day after my prior post. It works beautifully on my 2011 MBP.

I'm in the process of interviewing for my next job (it's a multi-step process with psychological profiling, testing to see how adaptable you are to the job and the circumstances you'll find yourself in, etc.) and if I'm successful, which I believe I will be, then hopefully in February I will start building a desktop system and, of course, it will be running LM. I can't wait!

AZgl1500
Level 15
Level 15
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the plains

Post by AZgl1500 »

I have the Update Icon configured to be Invisible unless an update is available.

That space on the Panel has been empty for a couple of weeks, and I've been very active on all of my forums throughout today.

In the last 2 hours, there appeared several updates to Cinnamon....
the time to install them was very brief.

I assume these take care of the little niggling things that Clem was talking about.
I have not done much except use NEMO to look at my external USB drive...

And it may have been there all the time, but I noticed just now, that on the DE Icon representing the USB drive, I can now Right click and choose Safely Remove Drive

Mint 19.3 Updates.png
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon / ASUS FX705GM
Portreve
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Portreve »

AZgl1500 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:05 am
And it may have been there all the time, but I noticed just now, that on the DE Icon representing the USB drive, I can now Right click and choose Safely Remove Drive
The funny thing is that sometimes that shows up in the contextual menu, and sometimes it doesn't. I'd love for someone actually involved in all the development of Mint, or Cinnamon, or whatever, to comment on why that is.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”