Blog comments

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Ole Juul
Level 1
Level 1

Blog comments

Post by Ole Juul »

I feel a little depressed because I've tried three times to post a comment on the Mint blogs and they do not get posted. :( Other comments get posted in the meanwhile so it is, of course, possible that my comments are just not accepted, but I don't think so as they are positive and polite. I don't actually think they even get there and that it is a software problem with the site. Could that be? I post regularly on a lot of places so I would think that my end is functional. Any ideas?
richyrich
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Blog comments

Post by richyrich »

Sometimes older blogs get locked, which one were you trying to comment on ? I'll try it.
Ole Juul
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Ole Juul »

Thanks richyrich, your response was certainly snappy! :) The comments were what I thought was #69 and #71 of http://www.linuxmint.com/blog/?p=995 and #3 of http://www.linuxmint.com/blog/?p=1001. Cheers.
richyrich
Level 19
Level 19

Post by richyrich »

Worked for me . . ? :? I don't know if it needs both a name & valid email address or not . . ? You weren't swearing or anything like that ? Image Image :D

Got me stumped !
Ole Juul
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Ole Juul »

I always post with my real name, valid e-mail address, and personal web site. No, I don't swear, and stuff like that :) - (Using my real name everywhere helps keep me on track. hehe ) Oh well. All I can think is that the java on my machine is broken. I posted both with Firefox and (as now) Galeon. Perhaps my e-mail or IP is blacklisted? I too am stumped.

Anyway, I won't worry about it for now - especially since I obviously have access to these forums and I'm sure the world will be OK without my blog comments. LOL I was just feeling unwanted. (sniff) Your quick response and willingness to help has made me feel better allready. :mrgreen:
emorrp1
Level 8
Level 8

Post by emorrp1 »

If the comment is "too long", it's put in a holding queue for moderation, but later, shorter posts will still appear. If you can see your post, but just above it it says "pending moderation" or something, then when clem next looks through them, it should get ok'ed
If you have a question that has been answered and solved, then please edit your original post and put a [SOLVED] at the end of your subject header
Hint - use a google search including the search term site:forums.linuxmint.com
Ole Juul
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Ole Juul »

Thanks emorrp1, that's probably it then. It's been almost two days so I figured something was wrong. My bad. Computers make me impatient. :( I certainly don't blame clem for taking a break, especially considering what (I guess) he's getting paid. :) What got me going is that in both blogs, there was another later posting which did get accepted. Anyway, it's all good.
Azrael
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Azrael »

I does seem to take a while for this moderation thing to get resolved. I've been waiting 3 days now. Comments much longer than mine have been posted. I even made a smaller comment later and it wasn't posted. So whats the deal?

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”