What USB Mouse do you use for your LinuxMint ?

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
FringeExplorer
Level 1
Level 1

Re: What USB Mouse do you use for your LinuxMint ?

Post by FringeExplorer »

I have never faced any serious problem with any mouse on any linux distro. In some cases I have to adjust-speed-sensitivity.
AdamFirst
Level 2
Level 2

Post by AdamFirst »

As FringeExplorer said, I've never had much of a problem with any mouse I've used.

I'm currently using a Kensington 1129 wired mouse. I like it because of its large size.
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Post by AZgl1800 »

IMO,
the LogiTech or other BT mouse is working with the BIOS, not the software OS that is running.

I have never, ever, had a BT mouse fail to work....

for the last 10-12 years, I have only bought the LogiTech M510 mouse kits.

a weird event happened just last night after reading this thread, my mouse quit :P :P

the little LED on top of it went RED, garsh, must need a new battery set....

yup, works great again.
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
Petermint
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Petermint »

Two button mice seem to always work. USB ports, cables, and hubs sometimes give problems when you plug in a power draining device, like an espresso machine. :D That is where I would look if a mouse had problems.

( I once had an SSD that heated up enough to steam the milk for a latte. )

Oh, and on glass tables. Some work. Some fail.
tinca
Level 5
Level 5

Post by tinca »

My Logitech mouse has just started to behave badly (it is old). I have just received 2 Amazon Basic mice and they are really good. Wish I had known about them years ago. There is no need to look any further for the average user. Highly recommended
Best regards Keith
LPH_[retired]
Level 2
Level 2

Post by LPH_[retired] »

I use an Anker wireless Vertical Ergonomic mouse on my laptop (which I use most of the time) because I have Dupuytren's contracture and this mouse just works for me. I've had zero issues in Mint while using it. Didn't need to adjust sensitivity or speed at all.

On my desktop I have a Logitech M325 wireless which was way to fast and the Mouse/Touchpad app couldn't slow it down enough so I had to use xinput and modify the libinput Accel Speed (292): -1.000000 which slows the speed down to acceptable. Otherwise no issues with it.
Alcohol is gods apology for making us self aware.
James May
alokins
Level 1
Level 1

Post by alokins »

I am using SilverCrest SFMT 2.4 A1. This is a vertical ergonomic mouse with 6 buttons. It is very comfortable. When I first used it, it seemed quite strange, but I assure you - I got used to it very quickly. Now I don't even want to see standard mice. When I used it with Windows /now I have Mint on my laptop/, I could program the buttons and set up to three user profiles. Unfortunately, so far I have not found out if this can happen in Mint, the probable problem is that there are no drivers for Linux.
RollyShed
Level 8
Level 8

Post by RollyShed »

Anything lying around. At present on the laptops, Microsoft 2000s.

Yes, I have had a mouse problem, basically a faulty (cable?) mouse. Jittery. Simply used another one that worked properly.
RetroRemix
Level 1
Level 1

Post by RetroRemix »

I use a Blackweb gaming mouse for desktop Linux, I'm not sure of the exact model but it came as part of the Gamer Starter Kit.

I've never had good luck with gaming mice in the past, they always broke down too soon for some reason so I stuck to just using basic office mice which most of the time lasted much longer than any gaming mouse... but i've had this one just over a year so far, and no problems!

I don't remember having any trouble with mice in any Linux distro I tried, including laptop trackpads, they always just work.. not the same way as in Windows sometimes (The horizontal scrolling doesn't work in LM on my laptop trackpad) but it works pretty well.
dollyp
Level 3
Level 3

Post by dollyp »

M325c here. Agree with other comments about it,have 3. What makes this the go-to mouse is the left/right buttons on the wheel for quick back/forward page actions in browsers.
MikeNovember
Level 7
Level 7

Post by MikeNovember »

Hi,

Trust gamer optical mouse.

Regards,

MN
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

Logitech M317, I have one for each of my laptops, as well as those for the Spouse Unit and kids. Nice travel sized rodents.
Kendoori
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Kendoori »

Schultz
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Schultz »

I don't know how I missed this 2 year old thread, but I always like to mention this when I have a chance . . . I'm using a Microsoft Comfort Mouse 3000. So there. :)
ShyGuy
Level 3
Level 3

Post by ShyGuy »

Steelshot Rival 3 Wireless. I can adjust the DPI with a button on the mouse, but adjusting the power saving I have to go into Windows.
Schultz
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Schultz »

Wait, does USB mouse = wireless?
postmodernist1488
Level 1
Level 1

Post by postmodernist1488 »

Still not sure whether this about wireless or not, but I use Bloody V5. Works fine. You can change the dpi by double pressing the "1" button on the mouse, but double click and triple click features don't work out of the box and the developers made software for Windows only, but you can probably run it with Wine or something or maybe substitute it with some other program, Didn't try it though. Can just dual boot into Windows instead.
make -j8
CommonGrackle
Level 1
Level 1

Post by CommonGrackle »

I'm using whatever one happens to be nearby. Every mouse in the house is a basic bluetooth Logitech-something I bought in the electronics section of my local grocery store. Unlike the one windows machine in the house (which requires we unplug and replug the dongle every so often to keep it working), we haven't had any problems with the linux machines.
DisturbedDragon
Level 5
Level 5

Post by DisturbedDragon »

Same mouse I've used for the past 20 years, Logitech MX310. The thing just wont die, though when it does there may well be a formal ceremony.
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16C/32T | MSI MPG x570 Gaming Plus | 2TB Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe | 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe | 2x 2TB Inland Gen4 NVMe | 32GB Trident Z DDR4 3600 | Nvidia RTX4090 | Fedora 39 Cinnamon | Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon | Kernel 5.15.x lowlatency
ajgreeny
Level 7
Level 7

Post by ajgreeny »

Until recently I used a wireless Logitech mouse but it started double clicking when it wasn't meant to and I could not continue using it; just too frustrating by far.
So now I am on an old Logitech USB mouse (can't see the model number as it's worn off the bottom) which must be 10yrs old or probably more and it just keeps going brilliantly.

I did a long time ago have a multi-button USB Trust mouse on which I set the two side buttons to Back/Forward in my browser but that did not last very long even though it was very useful; the buttons just stopped working completely and all my attempts to dismantle and clean it went nowhere.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”