printer problem

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
fay
Level 1
Level 1

printer problem

Post by fay »

Hello,
Please help me, I can't install my printer (canon i-sensys lbp6020 ) in my Linux mint, I have tried many suggestions on the internet, but it still doesn't work, how can I fix this problem ??
thank you in advence.

michael-hi
Level 2
Level 2

Re: printer problem

Post by michael-hi »

Hi Fay

You'd probably get more response to a support request like this if it was posted in the "Printers & Scanners" subsection of the Hardware Support forum.

Yours looks to be a USB laser printer but I'm not sure if it supports Driverless printing. If it does, then it should work under the latest Mint version 20. Otherwise, you can download a Linux driver "CAPT Printer Driver for Linux" from the Canon website:
https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consume ... anguage=en

That link is to the relevant page on Canon's UK website. If it doesn't work for you, you may need to search on the Canon website relevant to your part of the world. It is a fairly large download (121 MB) but once downloaded right click to "Extract Here" and you should hopefully find a manual or Readme file saying how to install it. If any problems, post on the "Printers & Scanners" subsection where someone more expert may be able to help. You'd need to be specific though about which version of LM you are using, whether 32 or 64 bit, state if connecting via USB, what methods you have tried to get the printer working and what error messages etc.

Hope you get it printing. :)

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”